Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 Value?

bigdawgbeav

I personally wouldn't buy a gun with a decocker. It happens to be in an awkward place based on how I hold the gun.

Other people prefer CZs with decockers because manually lowering the hammer on a loaded round gives them the willies.

Most USPSA shooters will have a Shadow of some variety, which only come with safeties. Shadows can get slightly shorter single action reset distances but it's not necessarily noticeable during a stage.

2 hours ago, belus said:

I personally wouldn't buy a gun with a decocker. It happens to be in an awkward place based on how I hold the gun.

Other people prefer CZs with decockers because manually lowering the hammer on a loaded round gives them the willies.

Most USPSA shooters will have a Shadow of some variety, which only come with safeties. Shadows can get slightly shorter single action reset distances but it's not necessarily noticeable during a stage.

Ditto

$649 isn’t terribly bad, but I’d apply the money towards a non-decocker model. 

I would also say avoid the decocker as you'll want to start messing with the trigger pull.  Trying to reassemble the decocker to upgrade the tiny springs is so frustrating.  Once you are done, you'll probably never need to do it again and a slave pin can help you hold it all together if you need to do maintenance on the rest of the gun.

What’s it going to be used for? If competition don’t get the decocker gun. If home defense got for the second one. That just got discontinued and it has a treaded barrel and dot. Definitely worth the $50 extra. I have an SP01 tactical and it’s great but even with the Cajun pro package the trigger is no where near my shadow 2s