Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1 Gun Shooting 2 Different Divisions

ramtough47

I am a Glock 34 shooter in the Production Division and i am a C class level wanting to go up,up and up, if you catch my drift.

Here is my question: I am mainly interested at this time in only the Production Division an so when i go to shoot my monthly match, this is what i shoot. Being new to this sport i try and watch everyone,espesially my B and A shooters in my division, and i have noticed some of them will turn right around right after our first match of the day is complete and they will shoot the second match of the day in the Limited 10 Division. Now i like to shoot and i understand that if i did that i would be shooting against "major" caliber compared to my "minor" but i am thinking practice time.

In summary is this something i need to be doing for the practice,to make me better at Production[that is the goal].How and what should i be approaching the second match[exactly as i do the first/production match]or should i be using this match to either try and go faster or to ...say try and focus on getting nothing but A zone hits even if i have to slow down just a tad.

Appreciate everyone input.

As long as you can keep the trigger time working for you in a positive manner, go for it. If you get bogged down, then you can just end up burning in bad habits.

If you are shooting well...then keep doing the same.

If you are notice that you are learning well..being aware of your shooting that day, then you might experiment a bit.

Sometimes, when I reshoot, I'll make myself shoot a stage with a completely different game plan than I had the first time around.

So...yeah, reshoot. You and your gear are already at the range. Just find ways to make it a positive experience.

Work one time slot, and shoot the other. Take the RO class. Run the clipboard until you feel competant with the timer. You will see everything from a new perspective. Find out what works, what does not, and why.

Since you're goal is advancing in Production, shoot L10 with the same gun, same gear and same holster mag pouch position.

That way you can shoot the match again and try different strategies etc having shot once already. The key is to correct issues you encountered, try somthing risky or experiment. Test yourself and see what works and what doesn't.

I've even shot Limited with my G34 since I sold my Limited gun.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a bit of a dissenting opinion here. I shoot Production then Limited ( produciton is my focus) then when i shoot limited i push a little more kind of testing my limits, broadening them. Not thinking about reloading so much lets you see extra moves your are making and ways your burning time that others aren't. If there are L 10 mastes/grand masters in your area... Cool! shoot that. but where i shoot. the top GM to beat mainly shoots limited. Then i go up against him.. many times in the same squad.

yes, i'm shooting minor from my beretta 15 round mag... but so what!!! holster and mags are same place, i've placed in the top 5 of limited most times i do this.... who cares it's a TEST but don't be too light hearted about your performance.