Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CHPWS Screws

vluc

Fed up.  CHWPS screws once removed from a Holosun sight.  This is bulls#!t.  I've used their screws with both Vortex and Holosun sights and have had the same issues consistently with the provided screws.  Got to where I requested extra screws knowing they would strip.  Whether the plate is better or nor is immaterial;.  Going back to the Glock MOS plate and screws.  Not my first rodeo, I know the inch pounds and how to install, the whole nine yards.  Just cheap ass screws at a premium price.

PXL_20220123_214609301 (1).jpg

PXL_20220123_214747510.PORTRAIT.jpg

On 1/23/2022 at 5:05 PM, vluc said:

Fed up.  CHWPS screws once removed from a Holosun sight.  This is bulls#!t.  I've used their screws with both Vortex and Holosun sights and have had the same issues consistently with the provided screws.  Got to where I requested extra screws knowing they would strip.  Whether the plate is better or nor is immaterial;.  Going back to the Glock MOS plate and screws.  Not my first rodeo, I know the inch pounds and how to install, the whole nine yards.  Just cheap ass screws at a premium price.

PXL_20220123_214609301 (1).jpg

PXL_20220123_214747510.PORTRAIT.jpg

vluc:

As this is my "first" rodeo with CHPWS, I have literally pulled my hair out just trying to get an adapter plate for a G43X MOS mounting a HS407K.  One thing that sticks out for me reading this thread is I remember in one of the CHPWS instructional videos, he mentioned "special made", specific screws that are M4 with an M3 "head" in order to fit the 407/507k platform.

For my specific needs, would McMaster-Carr actually offer to the public an M4 Torx head screw with a M3 head?

Curious as to whether I need to research another source for screws I may need in the future.

Thanks!

They very well may, but sometimes you end up buying 50 of them, lol.  Best to reach out and contact M-C.  Buck at CHWPS swears by his product, and I respect him for that.  Would expect nothing less.  My experience is different as will every buyers' experience, though Matt7184 has the same issue.  When I have to use screw removers to take out a small stripped screw to upgrade a sight, that's a problem.