Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to reloading, have some questions re: 9mm major

abtrumpet

On 1/25/2022 at 3:58 PM, ysrracer said:

I tried to get ICORE on my license plate, but couldn't. So I got the next best thing.

IMG-20180213-153820732.jpg

Love it! Do you have a whole veggie plate ready for the grill in your trunk?????

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/24/2022 at 12:05 PM, abtrumpet said:

I honestly have no idea what that means. I feel a bit embarrassed but as another poster mentioned, I'm "jumping in with both feet."

Sounds like you need to do a lot of reading, the thing about 9mm major is that it’s technically a “wildcat” round, all though popular in competition circuits, it’s not a production round for obvious safety reasons. 
your seating depth, charge weight, and bullet will matter a lot in making wildcat rounds like 9 Maj. One thing you absolutely need to have is a chronograph, to measure velocity. This is because you will be trying to get in a very small window between high velocity and acceptable pressure ranges which is where CARFUL testing is REQUIRED. You need to check brass for high pressure songs like flat/cratered primers etc. my and everyone else’s advice will be to step back a little and do some more load development so you can  get it all right. 

rounds like 9 Maj are the reason why people don’t shoot their friends reloads because you really can blow up a gun and hurt yourself very easily as compared to common bullet reloading. There are lots of forums on 9 Maj relapsing questions, read a bunch of those first then develop the right load, then go to competition. It’s not something to just jump right in head first with. Sorry for writing s book it’s just a lot of information one needs when loading 9 Maj safely and effectively, I learned it the hard way.