Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PC9 loads for SC

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, jrdoran said:

The gun will go as low as 2.0gr but I get some issues with burst fire as the bolt does not reset the trigger even with trigger upgrades.   

I've actually run into the same issue when developing an SC load. I put a taccom ESSB, air piston, and Eclipse in my pcc and I got a burst fire yesterday when testing. I had to think it was the ammo because the ESSB resets the trigger super early, and I think my load was just too low that even the Eclipse disconnector wouldn't lock up completely.  the same load out of my 2011 just barely drops out of the ejection port so I think i've found the lower limit of the load window.

6 hours ago, Arcrunner said:

I've actually run into the same issue when developing an SC load. I put a taccom ESSB, air piston, and Eclipse in my pcc and I got a burst fire yesterday when testing. I had to think it was the ammo because the ESSB resets the trigger super early, and I think my load was just too low that even the Eclipse disconnector wouldn't lock up completely.  the same load out of my 2011 just barely drops out of the ejection port so I think i've found the lower limit of the load window.

Interesting.  I'm building an AR9 platform with ESSB / Eclipse so you validated one of my experiments already.

18 hours ago, jrdoran said:

Interesting.  I'm building an AR9 platform with ESSB / Eclipse so you validated one of my experiments already.

I tried today to up the load I had from Saturday,and didn't have any double or triples,so I think it was indeed just so low of a load it wasn't letting the disconnector work properly.

With the essb,the eclipse would reset before hitting the air piston,like way before. Previously I was using a faxon BCG and it would reset most triggers slightly after it hit the air piston, which I checked and they said it was normal,but I quite like the ESSB more.