Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load data for p320 x5

fireman1776

I’ve read some of the older threads but wondered what people are using these days. 

I’ve had really good results out of my legion and 125 grn blue bullets with 3.7 grns of titegroup. 

However, I recently got a lot of coated 147s. Anyone willing to share load data and PF? 

15 minutes ago, fireman1776 said:

I’ve read some of the older threads but wondered what people are using these days. 

I’ve had really good results out of my legion and 125 grn blue bullets with 3.7 grns of titegroup. 

However, I recently got a lot of coated 147s. Anyone willing to share load data and PF? 

You likely won’t be happy with the accuracy from a 147gr coated bullet if you are shooting an X5 legion. A standard X5 will be ok though. 

2 hours ago, fireman1776 said:

I had to bump up the velocity to get acceptable groups with the 147gr Bullets.  I think I was at 3.7/3.8 gr of Sport Pistol to get up to 135 PF. I found powder puff loads of 127-130 PF with 147 gr coated grouped like crap through my Legions. 

I do do not use Titegroup but know it’s typically a few gr lower than Sport Pistol from what my research found on common PF off a given bullet weight. 

15 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I had to bump up the velocity to get acceptable groups with the 147gr Bullets.  I think I was at 3.7/3.8 gr of Sport Pistol to get up to 135 PF. I found powder puff loads of 127-130 PF with 147 gr coated grouped like crap through my Legions. 

I do do not use Titegroup but know it’s typically a few gr lower than Sport Pistol from what my research found on common PF off a given bullet weight. 

17 hours ago, Rich406 said:

You likely won’t be happy with the accuracy from a 147gr coated bullet if you are shooting an X5 legion. A standard X5 will be ok though. 

Were they .355 or .356 diameter? 

I have seen mixed results in regards to acceptable groups with 147 gr from various people.  Some say their Legions shoot acceptable results using 147 gr., but from my observations through forums and discussion it has been few and far between that seem to the use them successfully. Many say the original X5 barrels seem to shoot acceptable groups using 147 gr..  I have 2 original X5 barrels and they do not shoot any better groups with the 147 gr than the Legion barrels. 

The only way way to know is load some up and do some load testing. If you find they are not grouping well bump up the velocity/PF. You will most likely find a PF they group well at. 

Edited by Boomstick303

3 hours ago, fireman1776 said:

Some say it does in the P320 legion so I was curious. 

Not really for 147gr. I’ve used both and there was no appreciable difference. In the end when I was running a legion upper I switched to 135gr, which was better but not great. 

3 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Many say the original X5 barrels seem to shoot acceptable groups using 147 gr..  I have 2 original X5 barrels and they do not shoot any better groups with the 147 gr than the Legion barrels. 

You need to use the original slide. That’s where the difference  is.  

12 hours ago, Rich406 said:

You need to use the original slide. That’s where the difference  is

I have an X5 that I slapped a TXG Module on meaning I am using an X5 slide and barrel. It shoots the same groups. Until I upped the velocity then the groups became acceptable, in that gun and my 2 P320 X5 Legions. The accuracy of my other X5 (with original poly X5 grip module) is no more accurate than any of my other 5” X5s.

My most accurate P320s are my compact (for carry) and a comped X5 that I built that uses a compact slide. 

• 3 weeks later...