Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleanshot Temperature Sensitivity

DPA

Good morning, I have a question about the Shooters World Cleanshot/Lovex D032 gunpowder. I was reading somewhere on the internet (probably an enos rabbit hole) about reverse temperature sensitivity with this powder. I.E. hot temperature equals less pressure. Does anyone have any information on this concept as I cannot seem to find the post I originally read? In SW Florida we basically have hot and hotter and cannot really test the validity of this theory. And do you know if this also applies to accurate #2?
Thanks in advance.

-D

I can tell you from my personal experience that when I first developed my loads it was 50° and I had 132 PF. 2 days before Area 8, chrono'd some rounds and it was 95° and I was 126-127PF. Bumped up my load approximately .2 and was back to 132 at Area 8.

2 hours ago, jubi351 said:

I can tell you from my personal experience that when I first developed my loads it was 50° and I had 132 PF. 2 days before Area 8, chrono'd some rounds and it was 95° and I was 126-127PF. Bumped up my load approximately .2 and was back to 132 at Area 8.

Cleanshot or #2?