Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Android Tablet for PractiScore Log

cferree

I finally got my AMG Commander, and I'm looking for a Android tablet to take to the range.

I want to use a tablet instead of my phone.

How much RAM and Storage space do you need for the Log app?

I don't want to buy a $200 tablet if a $100 will work.  I also don't want to buy a $50 tablet if I need a $100 one.

So what tablets are Log users using (brand and model)?

Thanks

https://blog.practiscore.com/android-tablets/

That blog will tell you everything you need to know. I used an Amazon Fire 7 Tablet and it works perfectly fine.

I have poor reading comprehension and didn't realize the OP meant the PractiScore LOG app. Refer to @euxx's advice as he's the actual developer.

Edited by CClassForLife
I can't read.

4 hours ago, RePete said:

I have 4 Amazon Fire 7's, 3 with 8gb and one with 16gb and they work perfectly.

You know, the OP was asking about the PractiScore Log app... The PractiScore Log does work okay on Fire 7 but the app is not available from the Amazon App store, i.e. you would need to install Google Play on the tablet. All in all I won't recommend that tablet for using with the PractiScore Log app.

Generally, to get all the benefits of the PractiScore log app you need a device with a good screen, a good camera, and one that you could easily mount on a tripod at the range. The good news is that you likely already have that device - it is your phone. :D

Edited by euxx

On 12/13/2021 at 10:18 AM, euxx said:

You know, the OP was asking about the PractiScore Log app... The PractiScore Log does work okay on Fire 7 but the app is not available from the Amazon App store, i.e. you would need to install Google Play on the tablet. All in all I won't recommend that tablet for using with the PractiScore Log app.

Generally, to get all the benefits of the PractiScore log app you need a device with a good screen, a good camera, and one that you could easily mount on a tripod at the range. The good news is that you likely already have that device - it is your phone. :D

The PractiScore Log app is great for tracking stages while practicing...  I use it for Steel Challenge practice...  Helps me see where I improved or slowed down...  I just use my phone...  It's a couple year old One+ 7 Pro...  It works great...

What do the camera and  tripod have to do with running the PractiScore Log app?  Am I missing something?

13 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

What do the camera and  tripod have to do with running the PractiScore Log app?  Am I missing something?

Oh yes! You can set your phone on a tripod (I usually using front camera facing the shooter to get some visual feedback in addition to the voice). Then open the video recording screen (from the main app menu).

With a Bluetooth timer connected with the app you can run entire practice from the timer (start/stop individual strings/runs) and the app will automatically attach videos to each run. If you not editing tags or adding scores, you don't need to touch your phone.

You can even start/stop video recording remotely from the timer too. See more details in the user guide available in the app.

I'm also experimenting with blending multiple videos recorded in the app. This be in the next app release.
E.g. see https://www.facebook.com/eugene.practiscore/posts/1057987515047500

image.thumb.png.a7623fb67dd16803ac63cef8b028cde5.png

On 12/18/2021 at 3:02 PM, euxx said:

Oh yes! You can set your phone on a tripod (I usually using front camera facing the shooter to get some visual feedback in addition to the voice). Then open the video recording screen (from the main app menu).

With a Bluetooth timer connected with the app you can run entire practice from the timer (start/stop individual strings/runs) and the app will automatically attach videos to each run. If you not editing tags or adding scores, you don't need to touch your phone.

You can even start/stop video recording remotely from the timer too. See more details in the user guide available in the app.

I'm also experimenting with blending multiple videos recorded in the app. This be in the next app release.
E.g. see https://www.facebook.com/eugene.practiscore/posts/1057987515047500

Wow, Thanks!  That's pretty cool...  I completely missed it...  I do use/like the tags though...