Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Help With New Svi Gun.

Cuz

I recently ordered a new SVI Limited pistol in .40 cal. I had originally ordered it with an AET barrel. I talked to Brandon today and if I want the gun with a standard .40 cal barrel he can have it done in a week for me. He is currently waiting on .40 cal AET barrels and figures it to be about a month or so longer if I want to wait. Is the AET barrel worth waiting an extra month or so for? I need to make a decision so all input is greatly appreciated. In fact, the more inputs the better to help me decide. What's so different about them?

Thanks,

-Cuz.

Schuemann Barrels

You can go down to AET technology and read all about it.

FWIW. I had the same problem and ended up with a standard Ultimatch barrel. Even signed up here while I was waiting for it to be built. I went practically insane with all of the delays. When it came down to deciding on an AET barrel and an extra month or next week, it was an easy decision. The gun is awesome. It's almost 3 years old with close to 50K on the barrel. No signs of accuracy loss. Not to mention......it could be a lot longer than 1 month. :wacko:

Thanks for the input. I was expecting more positive feedback on the AET barrels but it appears they are not significantly better than a standard barrel. I think I'll call SVI and see about getting an ultimatch instead.

-Cuz.

I have the AET barrel in my limited gun. The gun is awesome but if it didn't have the AET barrel would the gun shoot any different? It might but I'm sure I wouldn't notice. One thing about the AET barrel is the gold color. A ton of the SV guys always comment about the AET barrels when at matches. They feel it is like a brother hood. I think it's pretty weird if you ask me.

Pete

I have the AET barrel in my limited gun. The gun is awesome but if it didn't have the AET barrel would the gun shoot any different? It might but I'm sure I wouldn't notice. One thing about the AET barrel is the gold color. A ton of the SV guys always comment about the AET barrels when at matches. They feel it is like a brother hood. I think it's pretty weird if you ask me.

Pete

I'm quite confident that at my level I won't notice a difference. I think I'll just take it however I can get it the fastest. Then maybe after I've put some serious rounds thru it I'll be good enough to take advantage of an AET barrel when I order my next gun. Maybe get it on a new Open gun in a couple of years...

-Cuz

I was VERY impatient when waiting for my gun to be built. When the gun arrived it was worth the wait. This is the gun I shoot whenever I go to the range. No matter how many guns I buy I still mainly just shoot the SV. You'll be extremely happy with the gun with or without the AET barrel. If you can get it in a week without the AET then go for it. You could always send it back in the future and have one put in or have another smith install it for you.

Good luck,

Pete