Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger/Hogue Arizona State Champ. Pictures, video and thoughts

I've got a bunch of videos and a few pictures to post, but I wanted to start with a few thoughts.

What a great match at the Phoenix Rod And Gun Club (Phoenix AZ).

Eight challenging stages, friendly people, and we were done shooting and eating BBQ at 1:00pm.

Bob Border, Erick VanHaaster, Bill B, Lonnie, Bruce (and a bunch more people I can't remember) and all the ROs did a great job. These guys and girls really know how to run a match.

(If you're a match director, do yourself a favor and shoot a match here to see how it's done)

Ruger and Hogue were the title sponsors, and we all owe them a big thanks. They support us, we need to support them.

Eighty wheel gunners gathered at the base of South Mountain to battle paper and steel. They weren't disappointed.

My squad started on Stage 2. A straight forward field stage. My goal is always to finish in the top 50%. I finished 40 out of 80, so I was pretty happy.

Here's the video.

Edited by ysrracer

Stage 4, Cross Over. Five targets on the left, mandatory reload between boxes, five targets on the right.

So (almost) everybody had to do a standing reload.

I shoot my first four targets, hit my reload, shoot number five, step out of the box, hit my reload, shoot one target, hit my reload, shoot 3.5 targets, short stroke my gun, pull the trigger six more times (on an eight shot) decide to reload, hit my reload, shoot my last shot.

I figure it cost me an extra five or six seconds.

I finished 42 out of 80

Stage 1, Willie Revenge aka "I hate steel". 

Three rows of plates at 13 yards. You have to knock down the first row to reveal the second row, and knock down the second row to reveal the third.

It's a 24 second Par Time (time limit). The round ones count as minus 1 second, same with the square ones. The triangle ones count as minus 2.

The object is to get all 18 down in 24 seconds. I  got 9 :(

61 out of 80, surprisingly not my worst stage

Thanks for sharing all the great pictures.  Wish I could have visited Saturday but girlfriend  got sick and I had to stay hope with her.  Looks like you had a good time and that's the important thing.  You will remember the people you met for many years.

• 4 weeks later...