Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Commander Comped Barrel OR frame mounted comp for 2011 frame?

blacklotus

I am looking into building a 2011 and already have a commander slide (bull barrel 9mm). I was wondering if there are any commander barrels that already have a short comp on the end to fill out that last .75" of the frame/dust cover? I've seen trubor barrels for sale but they were all for 5" slides.

Either that or are there perhaps any comps that could be tapped or mounted directly into the frame?

i'm thinking something like this without the island sight?

STI%20International%20Costa%20Carry%20Comp-3.jpg

Edited by blacklotus
added trubor reference

Either that or are there perhaps any comps that could be tapped or mounted directly into the frame?

Not sure how that would work since the barrel needs to link up and down (have movement) and the comp would be fixed to the frame? I think any comp will have to fixed to the barrel.

I have seen it done with the bushing type that pivots in a ring like a Briley.  The bushing screwed into the fixed comp and the ring inside of screwed in bushing let the barrel pivot.  If that makes any sense. my brain understands what I am trying to type.  Very expensive, but very cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you going to build this on a regular full length frame? The Commander length, 4.25" barrel slide can sometimes be problematic when built on a full size frame. 

It's been done a lot, with success but for optimal cycling the recoil abutment and frame rails need to be shortened. If your having this built it may be something that you want to check into.

I've modified govt length frames to commander specs. If I remember correctly the recoil abutment and frame rails are cut back around 0.098"-0.100" to allow that extra bit of room for reliable cycling.

Edited by Lowlander