Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 Shadow trigger reach

Stevetford

Hello group. I shoot a SP-01 Shadow in SSP at club level only matches. Eventually when I get around to shooting a classifier I’ll step up in match levels so keeping this pistol 100% within the rules is priority. 
  It’s current configuration is CGW disco, 10x bushing and some CGW springs. I’ve got trigger pull weights in both DA/SA exactly where I want them. My problem is the DA reach, I’d really like to shorten it slightly. CGW offers a reach reduction kit but it’s not legal for IDPA SSP. 
  I’ve read about the 85c trigger, and most seem to like it but I can not find a side by side comparison of it to my Shadow trigger. My understanding is it has a less pronounced curve to it and in theory (at least in my tiny brain) this may reduce the pull length. Am I correct about this 85c trigger? Would this be my only legal option or is there something else I’ve possibly missed. Appreciate the help.  

You might want to talk to an IDPA rules guru - I think the CGW 10x bushing (externally visible) bumped your gun to ESP. Might be that any external visible difference in trigger shape bumps you to ESP also. 

Bottom gun has CZ 85 trigger installed, oem sp01 trigger laying on it, top gun is whatever trigger comes on a shadow 1 orange. I can't see a meaningful change in reach with any (but the 85 was good for eliminating finger pinch). 

cz.thumb.jpeg.3f4bd6632fa99f4a2202d3cdc0263764.jpeg

53 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

You might want to talk to an IDPA rules guru - I think the CGW 10x bushing (externally visible) bumped your gun to ESP. Might be that any external visible difference in trigger shape bumps you to ESP also. 

Bottom gun has CZ 85 trigger installed, oem sp01 trigger laying on it, top gun is whatever trigger comes on a shadow 1 orange. I can't see a meaningful change in reach with any (but the 85 was good for eliminating finger pinch). 

cz.thumb.jpeg.3f4bd6632fa99f4a2202d3cdc0263764.jpeg

Thank you for the pictures, that’s exactly what I was trying to find on the net. I hope I was not told wrong about the 10x bushing, externally there was no difference from the stock bushing that I can remember. Something I will definitely research again. I believe as long as the trigger comes on a legal SSP pistol it’s good to go (kind of like a Glock 34 slide release on say a 17)

Stock on right 10x left. Maybe not enough visible difference to be spotted by the equipment check guy at a major, maybe I was told wrong and it is legal anyway, maybe just shoot ESP at majors and don't fret it, maybe they will tweak the rules again one of these days? bushing.thumb.jpeg.09ff0d781a01669f616a7f913a8058ac.jpeg

3 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Stock on right 10x left. Maybe not enough visible difference to be spotted by the equipment check guy at a major, maybe I was told wrong and it is legal anyway, maybe just shoot ESP at majors and don't fret it, maybe they will tweak the rules again one of these days? bushing.thumb.jpeg.09ff0d781a01669f616a7f913a8058ac.jpeg

Well damn lol. Looks like I should have looked into that a little further. 

1 hour ago, Jim Watson said:

I doubt anybody would notice that silly millimeter of aftermarket bushing protrusion.  But it IS an ESP modification.

I doubt IDPA will gut SSP the way USPSA has turned Production into Custom Striker Fired.

I really wish the 2 would get on the same page for production/SSP. I’m a USPSA member but have yet to shoot my first match, probably should do that and decide if I want to continue playing within the silly IDPA rules or invest my time into USPSA and stay at the club level IDPA. 

2 hours ago, Stevetford said:

I really wish the 2 would get on the same page for production/SSP. I’m a USPSA member but have yet to shoot my first match, probably should do that and decide if I want to continue playing within the silly IDPA rules or invest my time into USPSA and stay at the club level IDPA. 

That would be nice.

Prior to the recent USPSA rules changes Production and IDPA SSP were actually very close. Just about any gun legal for one was legal for the other. There were exceptions of course.

Now Production is closer to IDPA ESP with the exception that SA and mag wells are not allowed.

If you have a legal USPSA Prod gun why not just shoot USPSA/Prod and IDPA/ESP and call it good?

PS: Most silly rules are silly in the eye of the beholder. For the rest of us they are just rules.

Why does Canadian Football allow 12 players? That's just silly.