Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Imga Scoring For 3g

Our club is thinking of using the IMGA rules at our next 3G match and I had a couple questions. What is the best way to figure out the points percentage based on a 100 points for the 1st place shooter and is there a sample score sheet that works best for straight time with bonus for accuracy?

Here are some downloadable spreadsheet examples for time+ scoring:

http://www.3gunrules.com/documents/multi-gun-scoring/

Bonuses have to be worked into the stage descriptions themselves and then reduced to time at the stage. Example: 3 difficult pieces of steel at a great distance can be worth 5, or 10 seconds off the competitors stage run time each "if hit" but there is no penalty if they are not engaged. This is sorted out as the stage is scored for each competitor and requires no work in the match scoring process.

The best way to assign points with an arbitrary stage value system is to reduce each competitors raw time into a percentage of the stage winners raw time and award portions of the 100 point stage value according to that. That is how SMM3G and RM3G do it.

--

Regards,

Our club will be hosting both the Silver Buckle pistol match and the CA 3-G series next year so unfortunately we were not able to fit in an Area 2 3G.

I went to 3gun.com and the only competitor scoresheet I found was for USPSA matches. Is there a generic scoresheet for IMGA time + scoring?

Naahh... IMGA scoring makes the CA Series more yucky.

I like the bastardized USPSA scoring we used. I think going from a the time-tested USPSA scoring program to using Excel files to score would make the whole thing harder to score and more error prone. Look at what happened to the Open shooter at the RM3G. It sounded like it was a software/Excel "error".

Using IMGA scoring makes it more of a hosefest on the close-in targets. But whatever makes the ship run. I'll still shoot it.

• 2 months later...

shot the winter classic at 5 dogs saturday, where IMG rules were kinda used. didn't matter to me, until my SG jammed in the middle of a stage where there were flying clays. shot 4 poppers and had 3 clays in the air when it jammed. total cost to me was 30 seconds in FTE penalties for the 3 clays i couldn't shoot at. guess in hindsight, after clearing the jam i coulda just hosed 3 rounds downrange. gotta say i didn't like that...