Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Stock Question

chp5

I like a shorter stock and can't find any for my Benelli M1S90. Since I can't find a short stock, I'm looking for a wood stock so I can cut it down by an inch or so.

I've found a wood stock for a Super Black Eagle. Will a wood stock from a Benelli Super Black Eagle fit my M1S90?

Any other suggestions for a short stock for my M1S90?

Thx.

WHOA!!! It is easy to cut down the Benelli stock, and re pad them. Just have it cut where you think you need it cut plus the length of the pad you are going to put on I.E. Limb-Saver, Kick-EZE, etc. Glue in two 3/4' pieces of dowel rod into the stock with Epoxy of some type, let dry and then fit and drill the pad into the dowels. Works like a charm and no cost of an extra stock. KURTM

Any other suggestions for a short stock for my M1S90?

How about one with a pistol grip? Speedfeed makes the IV-S (13" pull) for the Benelli.

Thanks RS, but I don't like pistol grips on shotgun.

I cut them same as Kurt but I just put two gobs of Brownells accura glass, Screws go right into the epoxy.------Larry

Thanks Larry and Kurt.

So I should just cut it on a table saw (or what type is best)?

Larry - is this the stuff you use: Acuraglas

Thanks.

Edited by chp5

Cy, yes thats the stuff but just about any epoxy filler would work, Benny just keeps that stuff there so thats what we use. In fact I'm not sure thats whats in my gun but I have used it. We cut with a chop saw but a table saw with a fine tooth blade would work, just watch how you line it up and make one smooth cut, It wouldnt bother me to cut it with a hand saw and true it up with a rasp.-----Larry

Edited by lkytx

Pacman,

How did you make sure the cut was paralell with the orignal end of the buttstock?

I taped the area with masking tape, scribed a parallel line with the aide of a caliper.

Did you have to sand down the pad to make it fit?

Yes, I installed the unmodified pad, scribed a line around the excess parts using silver colored Sharpie pen. For sanding, I used a belt sander clamped down on a saw horse and eye-balled the sanding progress. I had to contour the recoil pad material to allow faster shouldering of the gun. It was slow and tedious, but the end result was a Benelli fitted to me instead of a 200 lbs gorilla :lol:

How about one with a pistol grip? Speedfeed makes the IV-S (13" pull) for the Benelli.

I got one of the Speedfeeds. It looks like an 870 stock with an adapter plate for the M1/M3. The length is perfect, but the grip itself is not nearly as comfortable as the factory Benelli grip. It's the lesser of two evils until I can make something more to my taste...

I got one of the Speedfeeds. It looks like an 870 stock with an adapter plate for the M1/M3. The length is perfect, but the grip itself is not nearly as comfortable as the factory Benelli grip. It's the lesser of two evils until I can make something more to my taste...

I have one for my 1100. Yah that square grip really sucks. But I can live with it.

Too bad CHP5 doesn't want one. $30 + S/H!!! I don't have a S90 (yet... or maybe even never) but at $30 I'm tempted to just get one. :) Brownells sells them for about $80. Who knows, maybe I can adapt it to a M2 that I may get in the future.

http://cdnninvestments.com/bes9bemo12ta.html