Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shield Plus Red Dot Upgrade

Jimbo56

Thank you both for your replies and the information shared.  All very helpful, especially given my knowledge and experience with websites.

I've decided to remove my TC red dot and add an Outerimpact mount in place of the rear fixed sight. That, from what I read on the Outerimpact website, will give me many options for red dot sights. 

If I can pick everyone's brain again, any red dot manufacturers stand out above others or recommended... or any recommendation for a specific red dot sight?

Thank you everyone for sharing your wisdom!

I've become a real fan of the Holosun red dots, particularly the HS507C on my full size M&P9 20. and the smaller 407K or 507K on small pistols like the Shield. The "C" models use the same footprint as the Trijicon RMR and the "K" series use the Shield RMS/ Romeo O footprint.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have experience with the Shield Plus and the Holosun 507K?  Can you still see the mechanical sights through the glass, does the 507K sit too high to be able to use the mechanical sights?

Also, would the combination of the 507K and the Shield Plus Performance Center require an adapter plate?  I'm not too familiar with all of the different footprint standards for the sights/pistols.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...