Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rechargeable 2032 batteries

darthdively

So I'm looking to get rechargeable 2032 batteries for my optics. I'm pretty bad about leaving on the light in my scopes and pistol optics. Has anyone tried rechargeable ones? What is your experience with them? Also, I notice that most of the rechargeable ones are 3.6-3.7 volt vs some of the regular ones that are 3 volt. Do you think that would make a difference? I'm not well educated in small electronics and voltage.

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, microham said:

Probably would make light dimmer than using regular batteries. You need to label your gun case to turn off Optics when finished.

Lol. I do need to make a sign for myself... Make an action tree..    "did you turn off your optic?  Yes - you may proceed to store your firearm. No - TURN IT OFF! GEEZ!" 

Next level down.   "Did you ACTUALLY turn off your optic?  Yes - Good Boy.  No - WHAT DID I JUST SAY TO DO!?!!"

12 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Why not just change the battery once a year and leave it on?  Using buttons constantly wears out buttons on optics.  

I didn't know that was a thing. I change brightness too much. Plus, one of my scopes drains battery quickly if I accidentally leave it on. I already went through 2 or 3 batteries on my RTS2.

5 minutes ago, darthdively said:

I didn't know that was a thing.

Depends on the optic.  I leave all of my pistol red dots on.  SRO, Sig Romeo 3 Max/XL, RMR etc.  I do have to power down my Vortex Razor 1x6 or it will kill the battery rather quickly.  The red dots get new batteries at the beginning of every season.  Sounds like the RTS2 eats batteries so maybe not an option for that one.

Both of my remaining RTS2s won't go an 8 stage steel match if I don't turn them off in between.  All five of my FF3 8 MOAs and the three RO 5 MOA seem to run forever.  I often don't turn the SROs off after the last stage because that is harder to do than the others.  I put it in the sleeve and stow it figuring I'll turn it off when I get home.  Sometimes I forget.  Doesn't seem to matter.

I also have to turn off the Slideride between stages, especially with the smaller dots.