Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eemann Tech Ultimate Trigger

jasmap

On 10/20/2021 at 4:03 AM, slavex said:

I've switched out the 85 Combat triggers in all my 2s for Ultimate Triggers from Eemann. They've hit it out of the park with them, I only wish they had them in steel not just aluminum. But, then the lighter trigger return springs might not like to reset the trigger (not that it's been an issue with the 85C triggers). 

I did have one that wasn't machined right and I had to hit it with a diamond file to get the trigger spring room to sit when on the trigger bar. I also had to shorten the pretravel screw down to get it to work with the Eemann disco, now I have basically zero pretravel and DA sets up just fine. 

Rob:

Thanks for your experience with the UT.  As I stated before, I was wanting to experiment with the CZ TRS while using the Ultimate trigger.  Come to find out, that on my specific trigger, I had to take a small round jeweler's file and put a notch/channel just to the right of the upper set screw hole since there was just not enough room for the thicker CZ TRS to fit between the front/nose of the trigger bar and the rear of the Ultimate Trigger.  That was the fix for me.

I emailed Dmitri Eemann to let him know of my issue, and he responded: 

Hi, thank you for your email, i will check tomorrow and let you know... Very strange situation...

I am planning on finishing the season with brass UT; but my next step over the winter is to try out the CZC Short Reach Trigger Kit with the 85C style trigger.  

👍😁

@HOGRIDERinteresting, I'd missed that you needed to do that to your trigger too. It's strange, one of my triggers worked fine with that spring, another didn't. Some tolerance stacking maybe? I installed another Ultimate trigger today for a buddy and had to reduce the smaller setscrew a fair bit to get it work with the trigger. It only barely sticks out, reducing the pretravel only a tiny bit, but my buddy wanted that and it's easy to do with a belt sander. But, really, I could have just left it out the fit was so good without it. I'm very impressed by that trigger to be sure. I also, for the first time, got to use the two spring tools, the TRS tool and the Sear Spring tool. I've always used slave pins on the TRS but now, I am a convert to the tool, and the sear spring tool definitely made putting that spring back in a lot easier too, not that I usually found that one too difficult, but sometimes the pin just wouldn't go through easily. Both tools are really well designed and thought out. Kudos to Paul H. for coming up with them for Dmitri. 

15 hours ago, slavex said:

@HOGRIDERinteresting, I'd missed that you needed to do that to your trigger too. It's strange, one of my triggers worked fine with that spring, another didn't. Some tolerance stacking maybe? I installed another Ultimate trigger today for a buddy and had to reduce the smaller setscrew a fair bit to get it work with the trigger. It only barely sticks out, reducing the pretravel only a tiny bit, but my buddy wanted that and it's easy to do with a belt sander. But, really, I could have just left it out the fit was so good without it. I'm very impressed by that trigger to be sure. I also, for the first time, got to use the two spring tools, the TRS tool and the Sear Spring tool. I've always used slave pins on the TRS but now, I am a convert to the tool, and the sear spring tool definitely made putting that spring back in a lot easier too, not that I usually found that one too difficult, but sometimes the pin just wouldn't go through easily. Both tools are really well designed and thought out. Kudos to Paul H. for coming up with them for Dmitri. 

@slavex:  I too have both ET Tools and they work perfectly at installing the TRS and Sear Spring!  Sad to say, but Paul Hag has left ET and is now working Athens, Greece.  I truly enjoyed his YouTube videos and considered him an asset to ET and the CZ community!

After removing the entire fire control group from my Orange for a deep cleaning, I ended up putting the Ultimate Trigger back in along with a CGW RP TRS.  The return, IMO, is just a bit stronger than the ET RP TRS.  I've ordered a few CZ TRS as I still want to try the Ultimate trigger with the reddish CZ TRS.  What I have found in my particular brass Ultimate Trigger, is the area beside and behind the upper pre-travel screw is very minimal.  If I leave the upper screw out, that will allow a "thicker" TRS short leg to fit;  as long as there is enough clearance between the nose of the trigger bar and the rear of the trigger.  Probably why ET states this in their Product Description:

NOTE - Due to the difference in tolerances and thickness of pistol coating you may not need the Double Action Pre Travel Screw 4mm and 3mm in the CZ Shadow 2 Platform, they may not function because of little available pre travel.

Once I get the CZ TRS spares in, I will definitely fit one to the rear of the brass Ultimate Trigger..........whatever it takes. 

;)

Yeah Paul is a good dude, been close friends with him since I met him in Ecuador in 2005 at the World Shoot. His move to Greece was a good move and he will rock it there. 

I'm gonna play around with a few different springs in the UT, looking at the one in my Orange it definitely wasn't machined the same as the others I've got and worked with. I did another install for a guy tonight at the range and there was a ton of clearance for the spring. Didn't need the pretravel screw either, the trigger almost wouldn't reset without it, but it does, just perfectly.