Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eemann Tech Ultimate Trigger

jasmap

Does anyone have any experience with the Eemann Tech Ultimate Trigger (DA/SA) for the CZ? It's not the flat trigger. It looks more like an 85 trigger but has an overtravel screw and a pretravel screw both. If it's good then it'd be adjustable forward and back both and might be perfect for those of us with hands that aren't giant but aren't small hands. Here's the link to it.

https://dealer.eemann-tech.com/en/et-cz-75/6079-eemann-tech-ultimate-trigger-for-cz-shadow-2000000060798.html

I put one in my S2, and really like it. I chose it over the straight flat trigger because of the over and pre travel screws, but once everything was put together (along with some other CGW and Mcarbo upgrades) there was no over travel, and the pretravel was maybe 3mm, so the screws were unnecessary (could still move it back if you have tiny child fingers like me). The feel is really nice, and because of my grip, I can get really good leverage on the trigger for DA pull. Also the gold one is solid brass, which I placebo myself into believing makes a weight difference.

The downside, which I still need to confirm with fitting, is that the geometry of the trigger didn't play nice with a CGW T5 disconnector, in that it didn't allow the trigger to break in SA once the slide was put on. I might need to fit the face on the "wing" of the disco, but the reset in SA is currently just around 3mm, so I wonder if it would even be worth it. Stock CZ disco worked great, so I just polished it up.

As for getting ahold of one state side, I recommend DOT40 in FL, instead of waiting for intl shipping. 

Good info gentlemen. Thank you. I have CGW springs all around but still have the stock S2 disconnector also. I think I'm going to go with the Eemann Ultimate trigger.

Did either of you or anyone else try the Eemann with a reach reduction kit? I'm guessing it's not necessary. 

IF I remember correctly theSP-01 has a CZC 10480 short disconnector and the Bull Shadow has the Cajun short disconnector that comes in the Pro Package.

Eemann says it works with most disconnectors.

Edited by Tunachaser

I chickened out. So many other things right now I need. 
like freakin primers !!! I guess I’ll need to Mortgage the house to keep shooting.
but  i am interested in how you like it. 
they claim the curve is designed for the DA pull 🤨 but that’s only one pull. 
Im more interested in how the SA feels and the trigger it self. 

50 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

I chickened out. So many other things right now I need. 
like freakin primers !!! I guess I’ll need to Mortgage the house to keep shooting.
but  i am interested in how you like it. 
they claim the curve is designed for the DA pull 🤨 but that’s only one pull. 
Im more interested in how the SA feels and the trigger it self. 

Other than my EDC Glock, I've always changed my 1911s, 2011s, and ARs to a flat trigger system.  Just what I prefer.  Since this S2O is my first CZ, I "think" I'll like the Eemann Tech UT as it will definitely take some of the curve out of the stock trigger.  For me, that first pull DA to SA transition has been hard to master; and I think the stock trigger's curve and pre-travel is contributing to this.

I do have my stock DA pull down to 6# 10oz with some simple spring changes.  SA is down to 2# 9oz.  So if that curve reduction will improve the DA pull, then I'm all in.

Tunachaser's pic above sure helped me with my decision as I feel the "totally flat" optional triggers lack sufficient over-travel "area" (in SA) to help me find/feel the reset.  But that's just my guesstimation based on visual pics I've noticed.

I'll do my best to report back; but again, my comments are coming from a new CZ user!

😉

SA feels great.  I like the VERY small curve.  I wish the trigger was a couple of millimeters forward of it's current position BUT that is a function of the disco.  if you prefer the trigger further back they make a rear offset trigger.

Edited by Tunachaser

I have it and I like it...

With Eemann Tech disco I cant install pretravel screw, but it is small enought...

As per informations on Youtube, Blue Loctite is must have on over and pretravel screws...

3 hours ago, c0d3r said:

I have it and I like it...

With Eemann Tech disco I cant install pretravel screw, but it is small enought...

As per informations on Youtube, Blue Loctite is must have on over and pretravel screws...

That's wild. You not being able to install the Eemann Tech pretravel screw with the Eemann Tech UT sounds like you either received one of the pieces miscut or a design flaw from Eemann Tech.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the flat cz custom and found it to far forward for my liking, then I tried the ultimate and same thing da is just to far forward, sa feels great but da definitely not, still rocking the stock trigger. 5'10" size 10 feet average sized hands , just my 2 cents

13 hours ago, jaysrgu said:

I tried the flat cz custom and found it to far forward for my liking, then I tried the ultimate and same thing da is just to far forward, sa feels great but da definitely not, still rocking the stock trigger. 5'10" size 10 feet average sized hands , just my 2 cents

Do you have a short reset disco?  If not that could help.

FWIW, Armory Craft is supposedly coming out with a DA/SA trigger sometime this summer.  It’s reported to be less curved than the 85C.

I put the CZC flat DA/SA trigger w/ short reset DA disco on one of my Shadow 2s when they were first released.  I liked it so much I put the same in my second S2. However, for whatever reason I don’t think the hammer is going as far back as stock (or in my other Shadow 2), resulting in the occasional light strike (1 in about 100).  So I’m back to stock trigger and disco in that S2 until I figure out what’s up.  

On 7/18/2021 at 5:20 PM, 2MoreChains said:

FWIW, Armory Craft is supposedly coming out with a DA/SA trigger sometime this summer.  It’s reported to be less curved than the 85C.

I put the CZC flat DA/SA trigger w/ short reset DA disco on one of my Shadow 2s when they were first released.  I liked it so much I put the same in my second S2. However, for whatever reason I don’t think the hammer is going as far back as stock (or in my other Shadow 2), resulting in the occasional light strike (1 in about 100).  So I’m back to stock trigger and disco in that S2 until I figure out what’s up.  

The Short Reach (CZC) and Reach Reduction (CGW) discos, shorten the Double Action pull length and as a side effect make the DA break earlier.

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by Tok36

10 hours ago, Tok36 said:

The Short Reach (CZ) and Reach Reduction (CGW) discos, shorten the Double Action pull length and as a side effect make the DA break earlier.

Thanks, that’s kind of what I suspected.  Any idea what the fix is, different disco?  

3 hours ago, 2MoreChains said:

Thanks, that’s kind of what I suspected.  Any idea what the fix is, different disco?  

The CZC DA/SA Flat Trigger requires a Short Reach disco to function. With it installed you can adjust the Hammer Spring/Firing Pin Spring weight or get an Extended Firing Pin. If you are reloading, a softer primer may be an option. I am not aware of any method of increasing the DA Hammer travel with these discos installed.

• 2 months later...

After shooting a few matches, I have to say the ET Ultimate Trigger has been working flawlessly in my S2O.  I was able to adjust the pre and over travel using the included screws.  I also installed the competition trigger pin and competition TRS that was included in the kit.

At this point, and I feel this could be merely personal preference, I'm feeling like the ET TRS is causing the trigger reset to be a bit "mushy" or weak feeling.  Thought I would take the stock CZ TRS that I removed from the pistol, and install it to see if I preferred a bit more "push" when returning the trigger during reset.  Unfortunately, the ET Ultimate trigger doesn't have a pocket or relieved area at the top rear to allow the stock TRS short leg to get in between the back of the trigger and the front of the trigger bar.  I did try to shorten the TRS short leg just a bit, but that proved fruitless.

I may end up after the season is over trying the CZC Short Reach DA/SA Trigger Kit with the 85 Combat Trigger.  I see that kit does include the new style TRS.

I definitely don't want to put any fault or displeasure towards the ET Ultimate Trigger.  It definitely works as advertised, and is a very good compromise between a stock full curve trigger and a full flat DA/SA style as @Tunachaser showed above.

I think my XL (trigger) finger may just need a bit of help getting my reset up to speed!  ;)

I've switched out the 85 Combat triggers in all my 2s for Ultimate Triggers from Eemann. They've hit it out of the park with them, I only wish they had them in steel not just aluminum. But, then the lighter trigger return springs might not like to reset the trigger (not that it's been an issue with the 85C triggers). 

I did have one that wasn't machined right and I had to hit it with a diamond file to get the trigger spring room to sit when on the trigger bar. I also had to shorten the pretravel screw down to get it to work with the Eemann disco, now I have basically zero pretravel and DA sets up just fine.