Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ernie Hill Fastrac Holster Question

haras

Both holsters fit a compensated 1911. The 625s means that the holster is 6.25 inches with a scope cut out and 65 is a 6.5 inch holster with no scope cut out. It would be hard to determine which one you would need without sticking the gun in one. I have 3 of these models 2 7inchers and 1 6.25. Very beautiful holsters but a little heavy.

I currently use an Ernie Hill Jet model but I'm old school.

Enjoy

Marty

USPSA

A-7424

I have a Jet II, and I had called Ernie for a replacemant locking mechanism, but he sent one for the original Jet, which is slightly different. I used it for years with my P9, it was a bit loose, but I liked the locked mode. I guess this holster may have started the race with holster makers, as it was pretty trick at the time. I liked using it alot. As far as the Fas-Trac, I have one that I use for my CZ, and enjoy it too. Nothing wrong with being old school, Ernie Hill Leather is cool stuff. In my area they are still pretty common for Standard and now, Production Shooters.

I would say that the Jet is every bit as fast as any holster made today. It was what led to some of the really trick stuff we have now.

I remember that was the first holster that had quite an extensive amount of adjustments, and a real lock mode. The lock mode really worked quite well also. The other interesting desing if you forgot to unlock it before a stage began it really did not slow you down to unlock it on the draw because you only had to push it down several mm.

The smell from that Hill Leather is fantastic.

My first holster rig was a Hill LE model that Ernie sent me in 1987. When I ordered it I told him I was putting a check in the mail from Missouri and when he gets it mail the leather, he replied the leather would be shipped that day with a bill and to send a check when you get a chance, and if there was anything I didn't like about the pouches etc to call him and he would send me something else. I've heard some negative stories about Ernie since then but he was always super to me.

Marty

A-7424

I would say that the Jet is every bit as fast as any holster made today. It was what led to some of the really trick stuff we have now.

I remember that was the first holster that had quite an extensive amount of adjustments, and a real lock mode. The lock mode really worked quite well also. The other interesting desing if you forgot to unlock it before a stage began it really did not slow you down to unlock it on the draw because you only had to push it down several mm.

The problem with the lock was that if I tried to draw the gun while locked I would about pull

my belt off....... That lock really locked.

Marty