Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laser for competition

I would like to get a laser to use on my PCC for USPSA competition. I would like one 

that can be seen out to 15 yards. Which one would you recommend and what color, green or red ?

4 minutes ago, jerseyglock said:

Don't bother with laser for anything far, just not worth it. You're wasting time searching for the laser, use a red dot.

Sort of...

The laser can come in in handy for:

- close tight shots, where your point of impact is effected by height over bore.  My laser is sighted in at 7 yards, so it can be a good reminder of where to aim at a target with only the head area available.

- anytime I can't get my head behind the sight, such as hard left leans.  Used it once where I would have had to go down on my knees to shoot through a low port.  Instead, I just put the rifle at the proper level and saw through the wall where the laser dot was aimed.

But no, it's not vital.

25 minutes ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Sort of...

The laser can come in in handy for:

- close tight shots, where your point of impact is effected by height over bore.  My laser is sighted in at 7 yards, so it can be a good reminder of where to aim at a target with only the head area available.

- anytime I can't get my head behind the sight, such as hard left leans.  Used it once where I would have had to go down on my knees to shoot through a low port.  Instead, I just put the rifle at the proper level and saw through the wall where the laser dot was aimed.

But no, it's not vital.

Agree, for close tight shots, low ports (no stock on shoulder) and hard leans.

As mention earlier, Green Crimson 206. Run both at the same time. My laser is set just under my red dot on the target at 18 yards. Red dot on top with the green dot just under. My tight shots and upper A zone, head shots are great with both dots on the target.  To me, I feel that it draws my eye to the dot faster with both illuminated on target.