Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate newest gen factory grips

Squirrel45

Hi, 

Im trying to find the newest generation of factory grips for the czechmate, the one with the grip tape inserts (currently have the aluminum ones). I trip my best to find them on the CZ site but to no avail. Would anyone have a source for these grips? 

thanks! 

Squirrel 

On 5/30/2021 at 5:46 PM, Squirrel45 said:

Hi, 

Im trying to find the newest generation of factory grips for the czechmate, the one with the grip tape inserts (currently have the aluminum ones). I trip my best to find them on the CZ site but to no avail. Would anyone have a source for these grips? 

thanks! 

Squirrel 

I think the grip tape ones (shown on the Czechmate photos on CZ's website) are the old style and the new ones all come with the full aluminum ones, so you might have trouble finding them. I have two CMs from 2018/2019 and have seen several newer ones locally and all of them have had the aluminum grips. 

I agree with @regor. The new Czechmate I bought last year had the aluminum grips whereas the 2018/2019 version a couple of friends bought a couple of years ago had the grip tape on it. 

Having handled and shot both versions of the grips, I personally like the grip tape version better than the all aluminum grips. In fact, I sold my all aluminum grips and replaced them with the grip tape version from CZ custom.

On 6/1/2021 at 1:19 PM, regor said:

I think the grip tape ones (shown on the Czechmate photos on CZ's website) are the old style and the new ones all come with the full aluminum ones, so you might have trouble finding them. I have two CMs from 2018/2019 and have seen several newer ones locally and all of them have had the aluminum grips. 

My barrel is stamped 20 and it came with aluminum grips.  No grip tape.  Traded them out for Veloce Lokgrips.  All my Bogies are being aged out on my Shadow 2s.

FF26CAA2-0D8A-43D7-A171-AD62DEC02C7B-sca

4 hours ago, George16 said:

I agree with @regor. The new Czechmate I bought last year had the aluminum grips whereas the 2018/2019 version a couple of friends bought a couple of years ago had the grip tape on it. 

Having handled and shot both versions of the grips, I personally like the grip tape version better than the all aluminum grips. In fact, I sold my all aluminum grips and replaced them with the grip tape version from CZ custom.

Do you think the ipsc store or DA are a close facsimile to the factory tape ones ?