Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mk 7 11” High Speed Case Feeder, reviews wanted

I searched but could not find any posts. If some are available please point me too them.  I’m looking for reviews on Mk7 11” High Speed Case Feeder (https://www.markvii-loading.com/accessories/case-feeders/11-high-speed-case-feeder-for-apex-10-and-evolution.html).

I have an Evo (first gen, really old) with the standard case feeder and it works great with a few hand full of brass. I have the 3D printed fix and that helps. If I put more that a few hand fulls it either starts jamming (clutch slips, yup, I adjusted it) or I get brass under the case plate. The latter happens less with the 3D fix and now that I have a C clamp on it not at all. However, at a hand full at a time it’s a bit of a pain. I don’t load a lot, but I like stuff to work. So, what’s your opinion on the 11” high speed? Thanks all and happy Memorial Day Weekend.

Edited by quiller

3 minutes ago, venatic said:

That’s what came on my Apex10 and so far it has worked fine and has some nice features. 

Wish I could say the same about the primer system. It sucks.

I like the reverse and adjustable speed options. I hand crank my Evo so setting the case feed speed suit my arm will be nice.

Good luck with the primer system and thanks for posting.

• 1 month later...

I’ll follow up to my own post. To say I’m happy with the high speed case feeder is an understatement. I ran a bunch of processed brass (de capped and tumbled) through it to roll size and I had to hit the reverse button twice, both times the issue (whatever it was) was addressed. I like it so much I sold the original (Hornady) which came with my Evo and moved to the 750 processing press on flee bay and I buying a second high speed.

• 2 years later...
On 7/9/2021 at 6:23 PM, quiller said:

I’ll follow up to my own post. To say I’m happy with the high speed case feeder is an understatement. I ran a bunch of processed brass (de capped and tumbled) through it to roll size and I had to hit the reverse button twice, both times the issue (whatever it was) was addressed. I like it so much I sold the original (Hornady) which came with my Evo and moved to the 750 processing press on flee bay and I buying a second high speed.

Is it quieter than the crappy Hornady one?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same case feeder.  I like it much better than the Dillons which I have 4 of.  My Mark 7 was jamming, but found out it was one of the screws holding on the clear view port on the back, it protruded about 1/8 inch into the case feeder and the brass was jamming against it.  Trimmed it down and after that no more jams at all

@quiller I'll chime in and say I've been using the Apex 10 that comes with the 11" high speed feeder, for just under a year.  Once I fine tuned the case drop port, the funnel sensor, and installed the DAA Turbo Case Feeder Plate, it has not missed a beat loading 9mm.  Regardless of the feed speed I select.

The DAA plate made a huge improvement in the overall operation and feeding.

👍