Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trouble With My Trigger !

PEETERSMARC

Hello,

I live in europe an there isn't not many armorer here !

I put in my STI EDGE one Extreme kit (hammer, sear, disco).

After I have adjust the sear spring (50/50 on the sear and disco) and my trigger break at 2.2#

I check for see if my hammer strut don't touch the sear spring, and I check if I don't have hammer follow when I drop the slide on one dummy round, all the test are OK !

But when I shoot at maximum speed (target really close) I have sometimes one Hammer follow :(

Apparently when i put some overtravel it's Better

Have you any advice on this because it's not easy for find a good armorer in our contry.

In advance Thank's

Marc

PS : Sorry for my bad english

I don't have much faith in "package triggers" so double check the hammer hooks especially the depth , if they didn't include a guage you can get a feeler guage set fairly cheap. I run mine between 18-20 THOUSANDTHS of an inch, sorry for the standard not metric sizes, also putting a little more pressure on the disconnector leaf spring that will help (although many a Gunsmith will argue that one) but it will increase your nice trigger pull weight. I looked the metric up it's .508 mm. :)

I had a horrible and consistent hammer follow to half notch, and tried several fixes and parts and nothing could fix it. Benny Hill at Triangle Shooting Sports set my hammer engagement even longer than what Magchange has posted, and I have had no issues since.