Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Babes With Bullets: If You Are A Women Shooter...

Rikarin

Gosh, it was the one of the best shooting experience I have ever had. Period. 2.5 days of packed all day shooting instructed by Kay, Lisa, Julie and Judy, sharing 2 houses with 20 girl shooters for $300. If you are a women and shooting, shell out and join without hesitation. It would be best money you'd spend ever for shooting. There are couple of women getting misty at the end because we had such a wonderful time.

Contents are nothing new of course. Basics - draw, mag change, grouping, transition, shooting on the move... but atmosphere is like nothing else. Its so nurturing, encouraging, supporting. We complimented each other because we wanted to and because it was unbelievable differences we had in shooting compare to day 1 and end of the camp. EVERY body was shooting significantly better. Where else you'd get full house applause when you completed a stage? Where else, no matter what level you are shooting, someone would find what you are doing great - accuracy, speed, learning speed, etc etc - and gives you encouragement? We laughed, we ate and slept together. We shoot in day and baked cookies at night. :D

And instructors! Kay, Lisa, Julie and special thanks to Judy. All wonderful, giving and funny women. Having women as instructors make a really big difference. I stopped my favorite excuse "because I am small...." Lisa weighs almost as little as me and if she can I can too! They paid attention to each individuals and point out problems here and there, which helped each tremendously.

Special of BWB fall 2005...

we shoot at Gunsite and there are a group of Marines also practicing there. So, we became a giggly and giddy school girls again, visiting there house and gave a pink BWB T-shirt to the youngest and signed it all over, sealing it with a lipmark :) They visited us at our range and put their battle gears on us. Heavy flak jackets and helmets and all :) We had a such a wonderful time.

The prez of NRA, Sandy shot with us! She is a wonderful, smart and funny women. I felt so honored!

And, I got to entertain both girls and Marines by challenging their Sergeant and MMA instructor with wrestling. Ha-ha-ha. He is 200lb of sheer muscle and his arm was literally thick as my thigh!!! :blink: First round, he beat me with Kimura in 3 seconds. On 2nd, I gave him a good guillotine choke and I won (or he gave it to me). On 3rd, with the help from the girls tickling him, I moved to give him a arm-bar and he tried to escape but I rolled with him, but hey, his arm is thick as my sigh! I was laughing so hard I didn't even remember how I lost......

Picture attached from the wrestling.. cropped out to secure their op-sec :) I have a lot of pics but need ok from other attendee :(

info for April 2006

Oh and yes. My burnt out and all those stuff was totally thing of the past :) I am so fired up for shooting again and looing forward to Area 2

post-5171-1131323856_thumb.jpg

post-5171-1131324077_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rikarin

Rika,

They were advertising an open casting call for Ultimate Fighter 3 during the finale.

Hahahahhaha!! As if!

If you have wife, sister, lover, mother.. who shoots, this is IT. One of the D class shooter just took classifer after the class and she beat her husband who's C class. Isn't it something??

GuildSF4 I will! If I can remember.... I can't' even remember people's name nor who was at the match. Just programming the stage makes my brain buffer overflow. :) But say hi to me. Its easy since my name is on the score card ;)

Bill Great! I think we got lucky with Marines this time... :D

Wrestling 200lb + Marines...??? :angry:

Guess your knee is feeling much better... <_<

:lol::lol::lol:JUST KIDDING!!

Glad you enjoyed it and you're again psyched about the shooting!

WELCOME BACK!!

I've been trying to convince my wife to let me attend BWB, but for some reason so far it hasn't worked... ;)

Thank you all for suport for my UFC career........ not! I'll just watch Forrest and Tito fight for me. Oh, that's right... I have Tito vs. Chuck at home hooooray :) :)

Nemo: It was a "play fight". :) I bust out the move, he lets it happen. So, no stress on my knee. But after I got diagnosis, somehow the pain is gone. Funny that.

Midas Yes, I have a lot pics but need permission from people in the pic. :( But some of them which I think ok are attached. Dude, that flak jacket is heavy even without any ammo/grenade

And, thanks for welcome back and cheering for my out of burnt out... I think I was just lonely shooting alone, especially, not many people do production. Think about it... most women has family to shoot with. But, now I got one big family and I am sooo happy. :D

post-5171-1131511470_thumb.jpg

post-5171-1131511522_thumb.jpg

post-5171-1131511908_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rikarin

to me it's just incredible news to hear that things like this are happening, the shooting sports needs more family, couple and female support, it is great to hear about lady shooters getting together and having a "girls time on the range"

A special thanks for all of us guys who hope to have a babe hwo likes bullets some day.

you'll never sink that choke with his arm in there. sweep him, punish him with strikes and finish with a mata leo after he rolls over and gives you his back ! :)

Hahahha! I know I know... its "modified" guilotine, I actually learned from a blackbelt. But sweeping wasn't gonna happen when he weigh twice as me.

Steve I will tell Key and Lisa what you said. I bet they will be very happy :) Once I got the clearance from NRA (any picture Sandy is in, NRA has to clear it so that Sandy doesn't look like promoting unsafe gunhandling practice), I will post the group picture. Too bad most of them are married... but handful of US are single and avialble. :D Oh, Sorry, Julie is taken, I must add.... she showed us the picture of her BF - yeah, we women show each other's BF's pics and compliment, its the custom you know? - and he is the knockout!

I was fortunate enough to attend the most recent BWB at Ft. Benning and it was AWESOME! So great to be able to spend a couple of days with other women who enjoy shooting as I do and get instruction from some of the best shooters in the world! So grateful to Kay and Julie for taking the time to provide some terrific training and a really fun weekend. I would highly recommend it and I actually saw immediate improvement in my shooting after returning home.

It was a treat being on the base, seeing the tanks go by, paratroopers praticing and the infantry training in their camo with these packs that must weigh a ton. But I must say I'm a tad jealous as we didn't have opportunity to mingle much with any of the soldiers as you did!

As the cheer from that class goes, "Wooohooo!"

On a side note, that picture of your thigh next to that Marine's arm reminds me of a cop I know whose bicep, I kid you not, is as big as my head. And no my head is not huge or anything haha. But sure wouldn't want to tangle with him...he's aiming to hit 350 lbs soon. I gotta get a pic to post...

But yes 2 enthusiastic thumbs up for anyone considering taking Kay's classes. They rock!

Too bad most of them are married... but handful of US are single and avialble. :D Oh, Sorry, Julie is taken, I must add.... she showed us the picture of her BF... - and he is the knockout!

What do you mean Julie's taken? :o

RHINOOoo..!!

;)

Speaking of rhino I's supprised he hasn't posted.

Rikarin, seeing a girl that is actually afraid of guns, gives me a newfound respect for babes who even LIKE bullets. lol. I'm hoping her mind will change with a little education. but I refuse to give this stuff up for anyone.

Julie is an incredible person, I'm glad she's found someone. With all the travel that she has to do it must be rouch.

Ashots GREAT!!! Please stay tued for the sub-forum comming on this forum for us, women shooters. We are preparing to set up a webpage for us too.

Same as you, I improved alot. its not that Kay, Lisa, julie taught us anything special. Just basics. BUT it got soaked up so much easier. EVERYBODY improved significantly hour by hour. I think its much because its naturing environment. We don't have to worry about what other guys think or feeling like being on display. Also, communication method was the key. I hate to say but it was so obvious we women communicate/teach and being taught differently.

For instance, I have heard "slow is smooth, smooth is fast" maybe 100 times! But it never registered. Then at the camp, we women do this unison "Smooooooooooooooth" with both arms infront of us palm down, extending gradually like very first part of breast stroke, and laugh. NOW, this FEELING of "smoooooth" got registered so much better and it stays!

I already paid deposit for April one. Join us again!!

Steve I am from Japan. I hated gun and arms with passion. But when I did group sohoting fist time about 2 years ago, it all changed. Yes, gun was the sybol of violence, violence=bad. We women become victim of violence much easier than guy and learn to be afrid of the power which enable it.

What made my mind change is, shooting group was the most opposit thing to violence. The calmness, focus and steadiness you need to do a good group can not let have violent emotions and thought in you. Then, more I shoot, more I got confident and not afraid of the power. When I become comfortable with the power, I can regonize the power in me, hence more confident. Shoting changed me in really good way.

Oops, I am babbling..... :rolleyes:

Edited by Rikarin

Rikarin, Babbling enjoyed being a martial arts instructor teaching women has been a great joy, they do as i say, and argue, when critisizing they do so constructively not out of ego or an attempt to challenge the teachings. hence some of my best students have been women. Not to mention when teaching firearms basics i have noticed women cannot learn from their signifigant other, i know that i won't be able to teach this girl how to shoot. just introduce her to those who can. Any insight you have feel free to PM so we don't accidentally hijack this thread, i will be out of town for most of the week so replies will be slow.