Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp for 9mm minor(145-155PF)

bossk95

1 hour ago, bossk95 said:

Ouch...that was probably a nasty crash 😬. How much locktight do I need to use?

Loctite 620 and all the way around the barrel threads. Clearance is important so the Comp and Slide don't hit when locked up. You can hand file the Comp to fit to the slide. Also you will need to Bore the inside diameter of the Comp too with a Comp Reamer (wait 24hrs). You don't want a bullet hitting the Comp. When I replaced mine, I used a Propane Torch to heat it, that's how well 620 works. 

Edited by Lastcat

On 2/27/2021 at 5:32 AM, bossk95 said:

Ouch...that was probably a nasty crash 😬. How much locktight do I need to use?

I lock tight it on like I mean it forever but in reality probably not that much depending on how tight it is in lockup and what cutters you are using. The one I crashed was fine with the end mill making all the side cuts and only spun when I used my 2" face mill on the top.

16 hours ago, bossk95 said:

How do I know how far the comp needs to be threaded onto the barrel once I cut the threads?

use the slide and thread it on till it is as close to the slide as you want. I want a minimum of .003" clearance from slide to comp. keep in mind that one turn of the comp is .025" so you may get lucky or you may be out some amount larger than you are happy with (this is really a visual thing not a functional thing it will work just fine with a 1/6" gap or more)  and one more turn makes it too tight, if that happens you can shorten the slide a few thousandths with a file or set the shoulder of the comp back on a lathe.