Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scorpion Mags VS Glock Mags

Maybe easier to load and less chance of hang-up.  Also may depend on how much of a 'leap' there is feeding into chamber in particular designs.  The Scorpion mag is curved to follow the natural stacking characteristics of the slightly-tapered 9mm rounds like with an MP5, so maybe less chance of hangups within mag as gasses/carbon gets blown back.  Just speculating.  I just like how the Scorpion mags look better! 😀

Edited by MoRivera

I'm no expert,, but it seems the single feed is a pistol thing, maybe due to the lack of room In a weapon that needs to be portable.

HK, ARs, AKs, Colt SMG, Uzi, CZ, Sig MPX, and most other rifles don't have single feed mags. Glock mags are designed for pistols, not rifles, and PCCs have been designed around the existing magazine for no other reason than it was thought everyone had Glock mags, so they'll buy a Glock mag PCC. Which is a joke, cause most people didn't have 32 round fun-sticks laying around, so they had to buy mags for whatever type gun the ended up with. 

It's been my experience that Colt SMG mag guns are easier to get to feed smoothly. Up until Taccom came out with their feed ramp, then their equally excellent superfeed barrels, Glock mag guns were hit and miss. JP also perfected the Glock mag gun, but you gotta be willing to pay their price, and it ain't  cheap.

So I have both Glock and Colt PCCs.  I do not see much difference in the feed dependability between the two. Most have the TACCOM Super Feed barrels. Except the FM side charger which has a Wiland barrel, which also functions great.  I want to try the PSA AR-V which runs Scorpion but the cost is prohibitive to me right now and I really don't need a seventh PCC - I build more than I shoot - LOL  The real difference I see in the Glock/Colt mags is weight. The Colt mags weigh so much more than the Glocks. May have to bite the AR-V bullet?  I wish CZ would produce a competition Scorpion!