Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recepie for Everglades 9mm 115gr JHP

mofosheee

Hello

Would someone please chime in on a starting load for Everglades 9mm 115gr JHP's RN.  I'm unable to find anything specific in my manuals.  The most comparable are listed as attachments. These are for my G43. They plunk and spin @ 1.11".   The 1.075" COAL referred to in the one attachment presents feed problems.  The Nosler COAL works.

I'll be using W231 with Federal Small Magnum pistol primers.  It's all I have.   What confuses me is the disparity between the COAL and grs.

Thank you!

9mmLuger.thumb.jpg.b9881e04ed07ca35c884fc74a2465097.jpg

Nosler 9mm-Luger-115gr.jpeg

Ok, the Nosler data is using a 4in barrel, and has a shorter OAL than the Hornady data. Also, the Hornady uses their own bullets for measurements and for that reason, I only use that manual when I'm loading XTP's. The data that Rnlinebacker posted looks like it's from the Hogdon website. It shows a cup of 25,300 @ 1.125. Since you can safely go up to 35,000 (or so), you will be more than safe using the Nosler data at your OAL. Do you have a chronograph? Velocity measure is a great way to see where you are on new loads. By the way, the Lyman manual shows a load for 231 using a JHP OAL of 1.090. The starting load for this one is 3.5gn @20,700 cup up to 4.9gn @32,100 cup. My money is on the Nosler data. I've loaded a bunch of these bullets using all sorts of powder/primer/OAL combos. I'll try and scrounge my notes and if you'd like, I'll post the chrono results. 

5 hours ago, Trippy said:

Ok, the Nosler data is using a 4in barrel, and has a shorter OAL than the Hornady data. Also, the Hornady uses their own bullets for measurements and for that reason, I only use that manual when I'm loading XTP's. The data that Rnlinebacker posted looks like it's from the Hogdon website. It shows a cup of 25,300 @ 1.125. Since you can safely go up to 35,000 (or so), you will be more than safe using the Nosler data at your OAL. Do you have a chronograph? Velocity measure is a great way to see where you are on new loads. By the way, the Lyman manual shows a load for 231 using a JHP OAL of 1.090. The starting load for this one is 3.5gn @20,700 cup up to 4.9gn @32,100 cup. My money is on the Nosler data. I've loaded a bunch of these bullets using all sorts of powder/primer/OAL combos. I'll try and scrounge my notes and if you'd like, I'll post the chrono results. 

If it's not too much trouble, I'd very much appreciate taking a look your data.  I feel more comfortable using the Nosler data (longer OAL) plus.............

I'm having feed issues with the XTP @ 1.075"  Thanks for the response!