Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best shadow2 or optic

SteveoCZ

The 2.5 SRO is a great sight and I've been running it on my CO guns for a while.  That being said, I also have a 3MOA R3MAX which I like more but I wasn't able to fit it on the guns I have now.  As far as the 2.5 v 5 MOA, this optic can get super bright so you may find you appreciate a bright clear 2.5 for the tougher engagements.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, rpm8300 said:

this optic can get super bright so you may find you appreciate a bright clear 2.5 for the tougher engagements.

Depends on the person and their eyes.  I have an astigmatism, so I cannot turn up dots bright because they starburst too much. I find the larger dot is more crisp at lower power and allows for better shot placement and quicker acquisition for follow up shots.  I prefer 5-6 MOA dots for this reason.  I do not find the larger dot hinders shot placement in any way for USPSA.  I also find the Sig Romeo 3 XL and Max have some of the more crisp dots on the market for my eyes.

On 3/25/2022 at 1:22 PM, Boomstick303 said:

Depends on the person and their eyes.  I have an astigmatism, so I cannot turn up dots bright because they starburst too much. I find the larger dot is more crisp at lower power and allows for better shot placement and quicker acquisition for follow up shots.  I prefer 5-6 MOA dots for this reason.  I do not find the larger dot hinders shot placement in any way for USPSA.  I also find the Sig Romeo 3 XL and Max have some of the more crisp dots on the market for my eyes.

Very valid input - the 3Max is a better optic but I will say in general, I've had poor reliability from Sig optics.  I have had like 3 previous ones and they all died.  The RMRs and SROs are pretty solid.  Sig may have finally figured out how to make a slide worthy optics with the 3Max, seeing how Max Michel doesn't want it to die while he is winning every match out there.

On 3/26/2022 at 6:50 PM, rpm8300 said:

The RMRs and SROs are pretty solid.  Sig may have finally figured out how to make a slide worthy optics with the 3Max, seeing how Max Michel doesn't want it to die while he is winning every match out there.

I agree the RMR and SRO seem for now to be the most robust optics.  I have an issue with the SROs double dot when pointed into the sun.  The Sig Romeo 3 XL and Max do not have this issue.  It would seem every optic has some short coming or another.  I believe they are all trying to make them better.  I have 2 Sig Romeo 3 XLs and to Max's.  The have all worked without issue but they all have very low round counts.  One of the Max's has 2k and seems to be fine.  This is all after my first Max failed out of the box. but returned in less than 10 day with a new unit that has not had issue.

I have a new DPP which seems to be working fine as well, but time will tell with that optic as well.  The problem with the DPP is the turn around on warranty is at a snail pace, and many of the 1st gen seemed to have issues.  Hopefully the new updated board will change that.

Max Michel has also a lot of heat in CO now.  I doubt his reign will continue.