Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just When I Thought It Was Safe To Stop Buying Guns

revchuck

Yeah, man!! I like it too. I like it a lot.

(Wonder how much Bangers is charging FFL holders like me.....)

Yep the M-22 will do much better than the orginal run of gold bling TR 44Spl's. Incidentally, the non bling M-21 has made a good show in the past few weeks.

Now I just need to find a home for all these cool 460's. Hey, wouldn't a 2300+fps revolver be great in the flat countryside of Iowa!

Now I just need to find a home for all these cool 460's. Hey, wouldn't a 2300+fps revolver be great in the flat countryside of Iowa!

So whacha saying here MM :D

I know folks like this "old-school" type revo's but I still think they (S&W) would have sold a

bunch of those 625-E Randy Lee revo's

And why don't they come up with another batch of 6.5 inch 627's !

And bring back the 610 in 5 inch full lug and 6.5 inch 25-2ish barrel contour !

Okay, I'll be quiet now :huh:

M-22 45acp, blue, 4 inch tapered bbl, fixed sight, half moon pinned front sight, square butt, African Cocobolo grip w/ TR logo, and TR soft case.
Yeah, and I just happen to have a set of Spegel grips to fit it. :D

At least they didn't bling it up like the original TR! I bought one of the M21 .44 Specials sans-bling, and I like it a lot. I bitched and whined and moaned about a .45 ACP version, but I don't have enough juice to get a SHOOTING GALLERY duck on the grips!

Maybe I'll sell some stuff on e-Bay and get an M22 post-haste, lest it fall out of the catalog.It'll be right at home with the M21, the 1917 snubby and the like-new 1917 .455 Webley...yeah, I'm in a rut!

mb

Well I have one of these new beasts on my desk. It has a very lovely blue finish and sits low in the hand. The grips have a nice sharp checkering and fit very well on the square butt frame. Incidentally, the square butt grip is very foreign in my hand and it took a while to get an acceptable grip. I kept wanting to use a "cup and saucer" hold for some odd reason...

This version of the Thunder Ranch is much more low calorie with their logo engraved on the grips.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - A post on the S&W forum has 4 left of the new Model 22 45 ACP at $700 each...

I have access to a limited supply of the new 4" Model 22 square butt 45 ACP, 4 screw guns. First come first served.

I can sell them to forum members for $700 a piece. Please email me with "I will take it" and it is yours. I don't have serial numbers yet so please don't ask.

Thanks!

Lyle Larkworthy

larkworthy@houston.rr.com

Link is http://smith-wessonforum.com/groupee/forum...904/m/413104948

/Bryan

FINALLY S&W came out with a .45 ACP revolver I want:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...715&isFirearm=Y

It'll go nice with my M21-4 and 1950 Military. :D

Well, I picked mine up today. Nice, deep black blue, and the grips might actually be useful. The action is, well, new. :rolleyes: The cylinder release latch is the old style, so that's getting replaced with the new style, and the front sight will probably not stay on for long. I'm going to measure it and call S&W for a patridge/gold bead sight the same height.

I'm going to (hopefully) take it out this morning and see how it shoots. Hopefully, it'll like the same loads my 1911s do, so I don't have to have a separate ammo can just for the revolver.

It's kinda nice to not have to buy anything other (brass, dies, ammo, bullets, holsters, etc.) than the gun new. Wait a minute - I need some moon clip carriers! Well, almost nothing else! ;)