Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Double Tap Championship

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had Someone Ask about the "STI rewards program." and I guess they were talking about the STI contingence Program?

We are taking to them about it. STI said most likely they will make this match one of the contingence Matches. Not sure if that is going to happen this year or Not. I have to call them Monday anyway so I will check.

We have Heard from One Half of Team Glock and Dave Sevigny Will be at the Double Tap Championship and will be Shooting FRIDAY. There are a few slots available on friday to see the reigning Champ burn down the stages at the Match.

TBF Yes, Yes you can. ( trying to get a little GM mojo going are You?) Matter of fact the range will be open on Thursday for Friday Competitors to view the stages and of Course Friday you can view the stages and watch the action also. Can NOT activate any of the Moving Props.

AS of feb 1 we have 15 spots left for Saturday and Sunday. 7 on squad 18, one on sqaud 13, one on sqaud 14, one on sqaud 17, one on sqaud 20, one on sqaud 22, Three on sqaud 23

Edited by scorch

Contacted USPSA about using the Match as a classifier, Val told me it was 3 GM's Per division ( as per Jake) to use that division as a classifier. Right now we have 6 Limited GM's and 2 Open GM's, One in the Single Stack Division and none in any other division. so as of today only Limited will be used as a classifier.

Edited by scorch

Heard from the other Half of team Glock and her Boss wants to split up the Pair and Julie is going another match the same weekend. Drats!

Of Course we still have some of the VERY TIP TOP shooter coming to the Match Dave S., Regining Limited-10, US champ shooting Limited, Max & Travis, Adam P., Bryan W.,

Edited by scorch

Well it Feb 7th 2006 and the Saturday, Sunday Schedule of the match is Full.

We still have about 42 slots left to shoot the Match on FRIDAY only. Stage times should be about half an hour per squad on friday. So you can shoot the entire match in about the same time that you would shoot 8 stages on Saturday.

As we get entries in at this point after Feb 7th we will contact you and give you the option of... A) shooting Friday March 24th. B ) hold your entry and put you on a cancellation wait list till March 20. C) letting you shoot the Match with the RO's (very Limited space) D) returning your entry to you.

Wait list is Priority by postmark on envelopes and same dates postmarks by random drawing.

As it says in our match info on our web page you can have another person pick up your prize from the prize table with written request forms that we will have at the match and of course if you win an award and are shooting Friday and don't want to hang around for a couple of days. We will ship the award to you.

If Folks move out of the Sat/Sun Slots to a Friday slot, we will fill the sat/sun slots from the waiting list first.

Edited by scorch

• 2 weeks later...

That's Right RE On Both Accounts.... Friday Is Filling Nicely and Only Six Persons to a squad on Fri. You should have plenty of time to do Walk Thrus. You will be on range the same amount of time Friday shooting 12 as You would shooting the Saturday Schedule shooting 8 stages.

Dropped by the match hotel yesterday (the Super 8 - two year old Hotel - Nice) to see how many rooms they had booked and they only have about 30 rooms left for the match weekend. You need to Call them today before its all booked at 940-322-8880.

MUST TELL THEM YOU ARE WITH THE DOUBLE TAP CHAMP TO GET THE SPECIAL $48.00 ROOM RATE. ( most every hotel in town is $58.00-$78.00 per night that is not a flea bag)

They are building a Holiday Inn express closer to the range on Hwy 82. should be ready next year!

Edited by scorch

Merlin,

Same here. Anybody got an opinion on either the Ramada or Best Western? They are both within $4 of the match hotel.

Craig

If you find another good motel please post the phone #... And - make another post quick and get rid of the 666 as your number of posts.. ;)

Merlin,

The correct number for the Super 8 is 940 322-8880.

Look forward to meeting you. We are on the same squad.

Take care, Craig

Craig and Merlin...I am on a different squad..but a bunch of my friends are on your squad..so look forward to meeting up with you all..

stuart

Merlin,

The correct number for the Super 8 is 940 322-8880.

Look forward to meeting you. We are on the same squad.

Take care, Craig

Craig and Merlin...I am on a different squad..but a bunch of my friends are on your squad..so look forward to meeting up with you all..

stuart

Lot easier to make the reservations with the correct phone #.. :P

Set to go - see everyone there!

OOPS! typo I corrected the Phone Number today it is 940-322-8880 Sorry!

Whats with the Fourm Not Notifying of posts any body know?

I was wondering the same thing. I haven't gotten notification of posts for a week or two.

Hello Everyone.

We would Like to Welcome Emanuel Bragg - GM to the Double Tap Champ. He will be shooting the Friday Schedule with Dave S.

Today is March 1 and is the Deadline for Early entries. We have about 20 something Spots left for the Friday shoot all in one day schedule. So we are extending the Deadline one week to March 7th.

After March 7th the Entry Fee goes up to $140.00... so get your entry in today.

I couldn't get the Super 8 to answer the local phone, so I had to book through the main office. 1-800-800-8000. Only problem is that I couldn't get the block rate. Oh well, no big deal.

Oh yeah, I'm coming, as well. Looking forward to a fun match. It looks like alot of folks are shooting Standard. Cool!

Phil

Edited by gmshtr

THere has been a management change at the super 8 last week. so things seem to be a bit up in the air. We are still getting the good rate. Phil I wouyld try calling them again. I am going by there monday I will check on it for you.