Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

750 shell plate not indexing fast enough for the primer to get past...

This just started happening tonight....on the upstroke (to seat the primer) the shell plate is not indexing fast enough to get out of the way, the primer is partially under the shell plate.  When no primer is present there is no issue, it is the extra height from the primer that is catching the shell plate. If you back off and lower the primer temporarily the shellplate will scoot forward that additional 1/4 inch or so.  See attached photo.

I have disassembled the shell plate and even the primer system, no change.  Not entirely sure what might be causing this, thought I would post it here before I reached out to Dillon on Monday.  Perhaps there is a contact point that needs some lubrication??

IMG_3780.jpg

As always, call the manufacturer. Dillon will walk you through or help you ship it back for them to adjust it. You paid for this type of service.

With Dillon, you might also want to see if they have a DVD for the 750 yet and buy it.

Normally, you would either have to grease the shell plate bottom so it doesn't drag and adjust the bolt tension or learn how to adjust the timing (only time I did that, it involved adjusting the pawls on the old Hornady progressive (well before the L-N-L))

• 2 weeks later...