Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally got my RL1100...

Just got the box opened, about to set up my bench and get everything put together.

For dies, I've got FW Arms decapping and swage foot, Lee U sizing, Lyman M, Redding comp seating, and Lee FCD.  I'm ordering an MBF and SSI lighting now, but just wondering if there are any other dies or accessories that are worth picking up at the same time.

1 hour ago, George16 said:

I’m not familiar with the SSI lighting but I recommend the Starlight system from Reloading Innovation and a camera to monitor powder in the case.

My same setup along with the MBF, Everglades priming backer die, and Redding Pro Comp Dies.

Congratulations!

:cheers:

8 hours ago, Cuz said:

Nice, congrats. 
so, you ordered it without dies from Dillon?

Yeah, my original order was a 9mm press, which is still on backorder.  But I just happened to see one at Grafs in stock, but with no caliber conversion or dies.  I had dies already, and I just picked up the caliber conversion online.  Probably saved me several months of waiting.

7 hours ago, George16 said:

I’m not familiar with the SSI lighting but I recommend the Starlight system from Reloading Innovation and a camera to monitor powder in the case.

I mistyped, the RI starlight is the one getting...

20 hours ago, wdfwguy said:

Yeah, my original order was a 9mm press, which is still on backorder.  But I just happened to see one at Grafs in stock, but with no caliber conversion or dies.  I had dies already, and I just picked up the caliber conversion online.  Probably saved me several months of waiting.

That's what I figured.  I have one in 9mm on backorder now.  I was tempted to try and get them to change it to a "no die" order to ship faster, but truthfully, unless primers become available I'd rather just wait it out and not get it from Dillon until I can start to use it.  I'd hate to waste the first 6 months of the warranty with it sitting in the box because I can't find primers.