Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Recoil Master w/ “normal” recoil springs?

MuayThaiJJ

hey guys, I am going to try a STI recoil master and want to see if anyone had luck using regular recoil springs? I know STI has their proprietary springs  but I have so many different kinds of FS springs and different weights. I really like my wolff variable springs and wanna know if I can use those?

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

My bad.

I threw the STI proprietary spring assembly in the parts bin when I got my STI and opted for standard guide rod and springs.

OP- good luck in your quest.

lol thanks dude I'm curious so I am giving it a shot over the FLGR and var Wolff

I know there was a batch of recoil masters that were prone to breaking, but I've run one in one of my 45s for over ten years with no issues.  It does allow you to switch back and forth betwwen light target loads and heavy self defense loads without having to change springs.  I do make sure to replace the spring on a schedule,

Just now, galt11 said:

I know there was a batch of recoil masters that were prone to breaking, but I've run one in one of my 45s for over ten years with no issues.  It does allow you to switch back and forth betwwen light target loads and heavy self defense loads without having to change springs.  I do make sure to replace the spring on a schedule,

That's good to hear, do you always you STI proprietary shorter springs? Ever experimented with others?