Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got My New Kkm .355 Barrel

OPENB

I got a new KKM .355 barrel yesterday, and it does not have the too-long chamber problem others were talking about. I specified when I called them that I needed a short chamber so it could be finished in 9mm, and they said they had it in stock. They said they had fixed the chamber problem, and they all should be short chambered correctly now. I got the Clark/Para ramp,bull,threaded for comp. $193 to my door.

I originally wanted to use my old comp. When I took it off, I observed cracks in the port nearest the muzzle, on the top coming off the radius of the port. There was one on each side of the port. They are only about an 1/16" long. I had been having tumbling problems, and I think the bullet might have been touching a baffle in the comp. Would you guys mess with making this comp work, or drop $120 in a Bedell?

Brownells has a stainless and a titanium Bedell comp similar to my current comp. What are the advantages and disadvantages to each? My current comp is carbon steel that had been Armaloy'd with the rest of the gun.