Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 Major Load with Sport Pistol for Glock 24/35

ltrain7281

I'm curious if anyone has load data for 40 major load using Sport Pistol powder, 180 & 200 grain bullets out of a Glock 35/24? I am currently putting together a couple of G24's to use in Limited next year and have lots of Sport Pistol on hand. I have read though about 10 pages (All the way back to 2016 post) and found a lot of data to start with but most of the data I found was for 2011's. I know with Glock's one of the big issues is the OAL since you can't load the bullets out long because of the mags. Has anyone run into any problems with Sport Pistol powder and 180 or 200 grain bullets in their Glocks? The 200 grain bullets are going to have a lot of bullet in the case, has anyone had any problems in their gun with these heavy of bullets? 

I currently have on hand to test 180 grain flat point Cimarron bullets, 180 grain TC from BBI and 200 grain TC from BBI. 

Any load data or experiences (Good or Bad) you have for a Glock with 40 major loads would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

I ran Sport Pistol for 40S&W 2011's (long fed better) and G35. 

My G35 load COL I shortened to 1.150" & reduced charge weight slightly.  4.5gr Sport Pistol for ACME180 & Bayou180, avgs 169-171PF, stock G35 barrel.

43 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I ran Sport Pistol for 40S&W 2011's (long fed better) and G35. 

My G35 load COL I shortened to 1.150" & reduced charge weight slightly.  4.5gr Sport Pistol for ACME180 & Bayou180, avgs 169-171PF, stock G35 barrel.

Thank you for info Yeti!

• 4 weeks later...

I shot a 24 all year with BBI 180s and switched to Sport Pistol in the spring.  4.5 grains @ 1.130 gets me 950fps/171pf all day.  This is with a KKM barrel.  I have a second 24 with a stock barrel and have never chronographed it (I should), but I doubt it's slower.  

I have no experience with 200s, but a friend recently loaded some for his sight block gen 4 G22.  He has an aftermarket barrel that allowed him to load to about 1.150.  Not sure what powder he used, but that length worked well and the too-much-bullet-in-the-case issue was not a problem.  I'm not sure how the 200s would do at 1.125 or 1.130.  

Edited by deerslayer

Not a Glock, but I load for an XDm 5.25 .40 at “factory” OAL from my book. Use Blue 180gr flat points. I did a ladder load and settled on the low end of recommended by Alliant’s website. 175 PF all day even at the chilly snow-bound Oregon championship a couple weeks ago.