Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone tried Taran Tactical M&P Magwell

Irontexan

On 9/27/2020 at 9:39 PM, Irontexan said:

I recently saw that Taran Tactical is selling an M&P magwell, but I can't find any pictures of it actually installed on a gun or end user reviews of it. Has any one tried this part out?

subscribed to this 

On 9/29/2020 at 8:46 AM, Richie said:

Just got one for the 2.0 M&P, locks on really tight. I like it so far. Only have tried the +2/4 basepads. Going to try some other pads to see how they fit. Overall I like it.

Good to hear, I was curious what base pads would work with it. Please snap a couple pics, I am curious how it looks mounted

They work, they look like any other TTI extension, they hold 23 + 1 with no "tuning". If you can find the Brownell's versions (still labeled TTI, but they have the Brownell's logo etched on the bottom), they're usually a few bucks cheaper.

I had Arredondo extensions for a minute, their Glock extensions work great. The M&P extensions from them only hold 22 + 1, and the extension retention floor plate thingy got jammed in the spring on two separate occasions. I ditched them for the TTI, and one Taylor Freelance brass extension I had earlier. Taylor Freelance also works well, 23 + 1, just harder to remove (not that I ever remove them, but just something to know).

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sometimes because of tolerances on the MP frame it can take some force to line up the set screw hole.  If you try to force the screw you will cross thread and ruin the plates threads.  This is the reason they added to disclaimer on returns; "they will not be accepted with damaged threads". Use a punch, pin, nail, icepick, etc to leverage the the holes to align them before installing the screw. If it's too tight at most very minor fitting most anyone should be able to do.   If you want a perfect fit do a bit of blending. 

• 6 months later...

I just got mine recently and I must not be seeing the big picture here.... when I try to install it, it doesn't look like it'll fit! Does it require some force to put it on.... I don't want to damage anything.... I can be heavy handed sometimes!