Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hammer follow after henning trigger install.

SickSilverado

Hello yall. I have a new Defiant Limited Master. I did some polishing and installed the Henning flat trigger kit. I took it to the range and had what seemed like 2 light strikes, but looking back i think the hammer was at half cock. Now at home I've racked the slide several time to find the hammer following.  I put the stock trigger back but it still does it. I clearly did something wrong, the under side of the sear face was chewed and beaten to shite. I replaced the sear but no luck. Maybe I have too little pretravel or too little overtravel? Anything else I should look at?

I found the problem, but not sure how to fix it. It was like you said, sear spring isn't moving the sear back to the default position. I swapped in i believe my 3rd sear(unica). I noticed all the sears get stuck when pushed i to the default position. Also, all sears are chewed up at the bottom after a few dry fires.

Did you polish the sides of the sear where it contacts the cage? Polish the sear pivot pin, the sear cage sides which contact the sear and the sear sides. 

The only reason the sear would get stuck is a bad surface on one of the parts. Since you’ve tried multiple sears the cage inside surfaces could be your main problem.

The sear should rotate smoothly in the cage even with a weak spring.

Here’s a link to Memphis Mech video

Edited by HesedTech