Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Us Revolver Team For Panamerican Championship

hopalong

The title says it all!!!!!

This will be an IPSC match.......Higher power factor and those turtle targets <_<

Would be a good way to see what IPSC shooting is(for those interested in the next World shoot)

Brazil is a beautiful country, I don't know much about the gun laws of getting ours (and the ammo) down there but we have time to check.

Cliff Walsh and I are interested, it would be nice to go down there with a team to see how we stack up against the rest of the Americans.

Need to start planning now, and decide how to come up with a team if a good many decide to go.

HOP

I'd be highly interested.

If I remember correctly, though, the date for this match is in September '06.....and I've also heard rumors that the USPSA Nationals may be in September for '06.

That could be a problem....

Hi guys,

About the revolver teams, I am sure Brazil will have one. It will be a little bit different from the last WS team (maybe some names will change) but we will be shooting. Ricardo Lopez said me the guys from Ecuador (he and the others) will come.

So, until now we have 3 teams (US, Ecuador and Brazil). Maybe somebody from Europe would be interested. What do you think Igor (Revorbaro)?

Bye,

Edited by Vericio_Brazil

Hi guys,

About the revolver teams, I am sure Brazil will have one. It will be a little bit different from the last WS team (maybe some names will change) but we will be shooting. Ricardo Lopez said me the guys from Ecuador (he and the others) will come.

So, until now we have 3 teams (US, Ecuador and Brazil). Maybe somebody from Europe would be interested. What do you think Igor (Revorbaro)?

Bye,

Hi to all,

I think this is a good idea...if you could I would participate every week to a international match, but the money they are not never enough...

Perhaps I will participate to the Florida Open in Febraury, sure if I have economic availabilities I will come to the Pan-Am...

Is always pleasant to see you and Cliff and to even know the other guys of the forum.

I will make to know you in the following months...

Best, Igor

Thanks for the heads up on the entries, Brit! :)

Several things to do....

Find out when US Nationals are to avoid conflict.

Find out When Pan-Am Championship is for sure.....vacation ect.

Find out how and what to do to get our guns and ammo down there.

Get some entries through USPSA for those interested in going....Maybe even USPSA team support?????

Make sure the revolver "Southern Nationals" doesn't conflict either (that is the easy part for me)

Man, plenty to do....MUST save $$$$

Hell, if we get enough interest.....maybe 2 teams??????

HOP

Edited by hopalong

Find out how and what to do to get our guns and ammo down there.

HOP

Hop,

I will try to get the informations for sure and let you know. By the way, last year (and last Nationals too) we had some foreigners shooting here. It is not difficult to "get the papers" from the government (in fact, from the Army).

Dont worry!

Bye,

Wow, that makes 4 interested already. Brazil here we come.

Allison, I think we will all stay with you.... it was your idea :P

ps. watch out for hop if he gives you a beer............

HOPALONG,

I asked one of the Brazilian Confederation of Practical Shooting's Directors about the authorization to you bring the guns. Like in the World Shoot, they will ask to each Confederations/Associations to say the shooters' names and the gun(s)/ammo they are bringing to the match. So, the CBTP (abreviation in portuguese to the Brazilian Confederation) will ask to the Army the necessary authorizations. They want to send the papers to the shooters and when you arrive here you would show the authorization to the Army's Officer in the airport. If they cant do it (send the papers) they will wait each shooter in the airport.

As I said, dont worry because we've already did it before and there is no problem on it. By the way, what do you need to leave US with gun/ammo? Any special authorization?

Bye,

Who are you talking to GLOCKBOY!!!!!!!!! :o

Hey. I resemble that remark. :D

I'd like to say I'd be willing AND able, but right now work is crazy (and not in a good way) that I can't tell up from down. :(

Can I be put down as a maybe for time being? I really would like to go to Brazil and see some of the lovely "scenery" I have been hearing about.

Very cool Keith,

It is a year away, maybe you'll get fired by then. Wouldn't that be great!!! :lol::lol:

The is very exciting. It would be great take a whole group down there and show them with hemisphere is boss!!

The way the authorisations work for Level IV is the same as level V matches.

You ask your RD nicely if you can shoot the match, he gets the entry forms and passes them on to you. The entry packet should have the match entry form and all the forms you need to fill out to get the guns and ammo into Brazil.

Fill in the blank bits, write out a cheque for a large sum of money and drop it all in the mailbox.

They - the organisers - then pass on the permit forms to the relevant authorities who issue the permits. In some cases the permits are mailed back to the competitors in other cases the permits are waiting for you at customs courtesy of one of the organisers who meets you at the port of entry.

So all you need to do is send an email to Mike Voigt and sit back and wait for the forms, assuming that you lucky enough to get a slot of course.

When I did all that for the World Shoot in 1996 it all went very smoothly at the Brazil end, though I remember that we had to specify the number of magazines that we were bringing over and when you left they counted the magazines to make sure that you had not sold anything while in Brazil... Not a problem but something to remember in case it is still in effect.

USPSA will be unlikely to schedule the Nationals over the top of the Pan-American championships, and you want to avoid the rush of late comers who may want to shoot the match. I would drop an email to Mike to at least get your name on any waitlist.

Brit,

Thanks for the excellent info!!!!!

Just what some of us need (Me included)

Flex,

I can shoot the bottom feeder, just have to make it fit the box.....STANDARD Division ;)

Glock Boy..........YOU have ZERO room to talk !!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOP