Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S & W Winter Nationals - 2006

MATCH IS FULL! Call to be placed on waiting list.

Found the following message on the IDPA Website. Were applications sent out? Could the match really be full? Any info on this!

Edited by lndshrk

MATCH IS FULL! Call to be placed on waiting list.

Found the following message on the IDPA Website. Were applications sent out? Could the match really be full? Any info on this!

Could be and probably is. I think I saw my app come in the mail about a month ago.....

Unfortunately, I can't go this year --- again!

Unfortunately for me, I contacted Peggy at S & W months ago, was told I would be placed on the database distribution list and never received an application.

Was curious if perhaps they only sent them out to previous participants.

I am an IDPA S.O., have been shooting IDPA in this area for the last two years, made SSP - Expert by match placement this year, and very much wanted to go.

Disappointed! :angry:

I have friends that went last year and wanted to go again. They setup a group for the match and overnighted applications on the first day they would accept applications to be postmarked. A few other local shooters sent applications on the same day via regular mail. The match filled up before the applications sent via regular mail arrived. From what I understand it filled up in just a few days! I don't think anyone expected the onslaught of applications.

Edited by vincent

A group of us sent our applications overnight on Saturday October 1st- the earliest date possible. S&W signed for the package on Monday at 3 p.m. The match was full, and we're on the waiting list.

I talked to Peggy on that Tuesday and she said she still had a handful of Thrusday slots which were gone by wed. afternoon. Go figure.... I would really love to know how they handle the applications because the math never seems to add up.

From what people are reporting, it is starting to feel like there is something arbitrary and capricious about the application process at S&W.

I genuinely hope that the fact they are the single biggest sponsor of IDPA is not a factor.

Is anyone aware of any specific guidelines (other than FAIRLY) as to how match applications are supposed to be handled?

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC, there are no specific guidelines in the rule book beyond the "two majors" requirement for nats.

Last year I had heard that they drew competitors for the Winternationals through a lottery. I had heard several conspiricy theories about the process but none that had any kind of proof.

I do not know what they did this year to determine who came. You would have to track down whomever handles that and ask him/her.

I was not planning on going anyway, it isn't a convenient date for me.

Ted

Edited by Ted Murphy