Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is This Dq Because ? What Rule #

If I remember correctly, in this incident, the officer later testified, under penalty of perjury, that she did not pull the trigger and that the gun simply went off. The gun is an SA/DA Beretta and they carry them decocked.

How could such a thing happen? you wonder.

Actually, under stress, it is quite common and natural. THe muscles tense up sub-consciously and the trigger is pulled without any wilful intent by the officer. She honestly never intented to fire that weapon. However, understanding this fact of physiology, NO ONE should be shocked by this video.

Where was the break down? Either she was not properly trained to keep her finger off the trigger or she forgot her training under stress. Good thing the suspect was not seriously injured.

I reviewed this AT LEAST a dozen times ... It's fuzzy, but her finger is DEFINITELY on the trigger. Also someone asked "Where is this?" A short blip (only viewable if you catch it just right on stop) indicates it's in Las Vegas. You're absolutely correct ... This bimbo belongs either at a desk, or permanent meter-maid patrol!

In a recent Stressfire class they always give examples of why we are trained a certain way. One example about why we index our shooting finger on the frame instead of the trigger guard:

An officer was checking doors for locked condition when the home owner on the other side grabbed the door handle at the same time and pulled. The officer pulled and a sympathetic response was to squeeze the gun hand. This caused her finger to come off of the front of the trigger guard and engage the trigger sending a round through the door and killing the homeowner. Again, they trained finger on the frame not the trigger guard.

I would have shit myself on the spot had I have been anyone of those guys standing there.

Rick