Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22 - lighter recoil spring for Limited

Stafford

Planning to purchase a stainless recoil spring to add some weight to my Glock 22 for Limited. Looks like a lighter spring works to bring sights back on track faster.... is that correct?

Looks as if my options are to go down to 15lb or 13lb. Anyone have experiences with these weight springs in a Glock 22?

What does the lighter spring do for recoil impulse?

In my experience, a 15# is about right in a Limited Major gun.

The tuning of the recoil spring simply helps the gun return to the point from which it left at ignition.  Too strong of a spring and the front sight will likely be low when the eye picks it up again (the slide is slamming closed too hard).  Too light of the spring, and the second shot will likely be too high, because the slide isn't closing with enough authority and is not bumping the front sight back down far enough.

I was guessing 15lb as a safe choice. I shoot factory ammo so that may be a factor in choosing. It seems like the lighter springs worked better with lighter loaded ammo.

Looking at this spring and guide rod. Anyone have experience with this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-GLOCK-Gen-4-5-Stainless-Steel-Guide-Rod-Assemblies-17-20-21-22-31-34-35/303205471063?hash=item4698745357:g:eZsAAOSwHt9d7Tjk