Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Panamerican Championship 2006

Here are a couple of pictures, we've downloaded.

Raising of the Flags, during the opening ceremonies.

The welcome banner

Here is picture of the match banner

post-3279-1155064302.jpg

The stage in the background is the home of Kenny's death jam. :angry:

K

Cliff, You know those are not the pictures you promised me. :D:D:D

I hope you are having fun com as garotas do Brasil. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Sandro

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well everyone, day four will be starting in about 3 hours. Last night the sites were down, so we could not check our scores or post info here on the forum.

I will post the really good news, and the rest you can see on the results page.

Allison (Vericio_Brazil) is continuing to have a strong match. Yesterday, he took another another 4 stages and stretched his margin to almost 100 points.

Kenny

They seem to be updating the site now... It looks like most if not all of the scores are in but percentages are currently ??.

Kenny, when you guys head back this way... New airport security restrictions... No liquids, gels, or pastes in carry on bags, So drink your celebratory adult beverages BEFORE getting in the security line! :D

bp

Edited by bpowe

Well the match is over!!

From Squad 9's perspective, Vericio Brazil (or Allison Vericio) has won the revolver division. Hail to the KING. :)

Final verification scores have been posted, but no stage points. Everyone is listed in alphabetical order. This keeps the suspense going.

It was a wonderful adventure, 36 hours in the airports getting to Brasilia. Fred's gun is still locked in customs. It was not allowed to enter Brazil (just like Tom Hank's character in the Terminal). Fred ran my backup gun this week. Fred's ammo worked really good in my gun after we had a R.O. take it home and re-seat the primers. It seems that I build guns to a tighter tolerance than Fred. :o

I think I was setting just 20-25 points out of the top 16 this morning. On the first stage, I lost a some ground (stg 24). I shot the first 7 targets so quick and clean I thought I forgot target number 3. After backing up about halfway, I saw the target had 2 A's and started forward again. The rest of the day went very smooth, I stayed clean, and maybe reclaimed a little ground.

Rodrigo Lira told me I was "special" after shooting stage 20. I took 3 shots at the static plate, but hit the two moving plates with one shot each.

I still managed to collect 11 penalties in 24 stages, but anyone that has shot with me will see this as a 50% improvement compared to past U.S. national performances. There is my old enemy taunting me to build a new practice routine.

The shoot offs are in the morning, for the top 8 in each division. Tomorrow evening is the closing ceremonies and then we will get to find out how everyone finished.

More later,

Kenny

WooHoo!!!!! :D

Who'd a thunkit! and Fred made it with his gun locked up in Customs! :ph34r: Someone needs to take lots of pictures and video (if they haven't). Muy congrats to Kenny and his backup gun! (Fred too, of course).

Fred's been on my shjtlist all week - He talked me into taking care of his cats while he was gone... He forgot to mention the three new additions to the family... I found out about them while cleaning the cat box and the little siamese colored one snuck up behind me! :o

bp

Bill,

Fred just laughed. He did not figure that the siamese was the adventuresome of the 3.

We're on the reserve list for the shoot-off. In a way I hope that they let me in, but the bad thing is I gave the guys in our squad from Chile all of my left over ammo. I kept ten rounds. If I make it in, I will have to beg Uncle Dave to borrow the 9mm Grandmaster and some 9mm ammo. :)

Maybe Rodrigo will bring his range bag to the range. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but they said at the range only the top 8 would be in the shoot off. I knew that I had too many penalties to climb into the top 8. Next time I want be so quick to reliquish my ammo.

Kenny

Hello,

I've just got home. We had a great week and a great match. Brasilia is well know down here for good matches.

I won the Revolver and Cliff was the 5th. Kenny was the 14th in Open and Fred the 17th in the same Division.

I'm surprised with my results because Ricardo Lopez (the 2nd place at World Shoot XIV) attended to the match. Anyway, thanks God, I had a great match. I also won the shoot-off.

I would like to thank you all for the support. Kenny, Fred and Cliff will let you know about the match and the country. Our next big match is in November (the Nationals) and you all are invited to shoot here.

I'll try to post some pictures later.

Edited by Vericio_Brazil

Allison,

Congratulations!!!!

You overcame some very talented Revolver shooters.

Way back at the beginning of the year I had wanted to attend, but the TN section match (that I can't get out of RO'ing) and the USPSA Nationals are/were a little too close to allow me to attend.

Again, Congrats on the BIG win!!!!!

SAM

It is good to be home.

We need a new tread for the Fred watch. We left him in the airport last night because they could not get his gun out of the room it was locked in until Monday. I said he would just spend the day in the shoe store ;)

The match was great. Great stages. Very well thought out and challenging. None of them were difficult with the revolver and most had several good ways to shoot them. All the pasting and resetting was done for us so all we had to do was shoot. my hat is off to the staff and ROs. Great job.

Allison and Ricky shot both shot a great match winning 8 and 9 stages of the 24. Ricky almost came back the last day but the lead Allison ran up on Tuesday and Wedneday was too much. It was fun to watch.

Allison must now be addressed as King.

Cliff,

I'm sure that Fred will be heading home tomorrow.

I'm glad you like the match. Be our guest to shoot other major matches here. It's always a pleasure to meet good friends like you. Maybe you can come back next year to our Nationals.

Thank you for everything during the last week.

Hail to the King! :)

Allison, I like your new avatar.

Knowing Fred, he slept all day in a hotel while he waits until tomorrow. There did not appear to be any other problems other than the person that controlled the room where his gun was stored would not be into work until Monday.

The match was terrific. The staff was professional and always helpful. The competitors were the best. On the range, I met some great new friends from Chile. After hours, Allison, Fernanda and Cliff made the week the best of the year for Fred and me.

The only disaster factor was the one you created for yourself. As I was standing in shooting area during the walk through on "Mickey Mouse", Fred said to me "I know what your thinking, just shoot it straight up." I dug a deep hole on Monday, but managed to climb up to 14th.

Allison learned a new mantra this week, "smooth and steady". It carried him to a championship win.

All hail Allison, he is the new Pan American King.

Kenny

• 1 month later...