Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Panamerican Championship 2006

Hi everybody,

I have some news about the Panamerican Championship 2006.

The match will be in Brasilia (the Brazil's capital) from September 2nd to September 10th next year. I know the range where this match will happen and it is a great place to shoot. This is the same place where the World Shoot 1996 took place.

On behalf of the brazilian shooters, I would like to invite everybody to shoot here. It will be a great match and I want everybody enjoyng this opportunity. By the way, take some time to know others cities in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte ...)

As soon as possible, I will write here brand news about this match. I will try to get some photos of the range.

See you,

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I would love to make this match. As of today, what are the regulations for a gringo to bring guns and ammo in for the match?

Same as Ecuador, you need to apply for a permit in advance. All this stuff is normally handled as part of the registration process. If you are interested in shooting the match, contact the RD (Mike Voigt) to request a slot. The paperwork will all be included, just fill it out, mail it off and wait for the confirmations.

They handled this stuff really well at the World Shoot in Brazil in 1996, they even had a rep. to meet us at the airport to speed things through.

I really would like to make this match.

I talked tonight with my (soon to be) wife. We could come here to shoot in Bolivia, stay with her family, then shoot the Pan Americano the next week. That's if I can convince the Bolivians to make the Bolivia Open the week before your match as a tune up, and some of them come with us to Brazil.

It is possible but I just saw the dates for the US Limited Nationals, and performing well there is my goal for the year. We'll have to see how things play out. I love international style, and am really sorry I had to miss the World Shoot.

I'll contact Mike Voigt about a slot and get the paperwork started just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

We have another date for the Panamerican Championship: August, from 12 to 20. The city is the same...

I think it is a good news because in September you will have the US Nationals.

I hope you like this information.

Edited by Vericio_Brazil

• 2 weeks later...

For US Citizens/Residents, FYI. A visa is needed to travel to Brazil. One of the exceptions where we need a visa stamped into our passports.

Here's Continental Airlines Travel Guide for Passport, Visa & Health Requirements:

http://www.continental.com/vendors/default...t.asp&i=TIMATIC

Otherwise, don't forget to try their churrascos.

Edited by edwin garcia

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I talked to a director of CBTP (the Brazilian Confederation of Practical Shooting) some minutes ago. He said me until next week there will be news about the match (procedures, schedule, etc).

He also said the Brazilian Army is about to say the rules to the guns permission which will be necessary. There will be no problem to get the papers.

As soon as possible, I will post these informations here.

For US Citizens/Residents, FYI. A visa is needed to travel to Brazil. One of the exceptions where we need a visa stamped into our passports.

Here's Continental Airlines Travel Guide for Passport, Visa & Health Requirements:

http://www.continental.com/vendors/default...t.asp&i=TIMATIC

Otherwise, don't forget to try their churrascos.

Just FYI, and meaning no offense to our Brazilian brothers, last I checked, there was a $100 "spite fee" on the visa for Gringos headed to Brazil. It's some pissing contest between our governments. As I understand it, there's even a note there telling you it's free but you get to pay $100 because we charged them.

Still.....I'm hoping to go. :unsure:

It's some pissing contest between our governments. As I understand it, there's even a note there telling you it's free but you get to pay $100 because we charged them.

Well,

:( I am sorry, but the governments are more complicated than they should be. Who can understand? :wacko:

I hope the fee doesn't represent a big problem to our american friends planning to come down here. ;)

Edited by Vericio_Brazil

This Match should be fun, Brazil has hosted the World Shoot before so they have experience running big matches. I wish I could go, but I have already committed to other matches this year. Eric, as far as the $100 fee it is just a reciprocation of what Brazilians are required to pay in order to obtain VISA for the US. If you don’t have VISA for Brazil make sure you get organized early. The process could take up to two weeks.

Here is a link for the Brazilian Embassy. Hope it helps...

Embassy of Brazil

Just FYI, and meaning no offense to our Brazilian brothers, last I checked, there was a $100 "spite fee" on the visa for Gringos headed to Brazil.

DP40,

I mean no offense to you and all the US people, but that very same fee has been required to me last december when I booked for an interview at the US embassy in Milan (Italy) to get visa for my kid (6 years old) for our trip to Orlando.

In the end I got away with a new electronic passport for him, that made him fall into the visa waiver program.

Edited by Skywalker

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, :angry:

The IPSC asked for a new change in the Panamerican dates. Now the match will be in August, from 6th to 11 th. We complain about these changes but there is no another solution. :angry:

Anyway, I hope it doesn't change anymore. As soon as possible, I'll post the whole schedule for the match here.

Hope it helps.

Hello,

The schedule:

III PANAMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP - IPSC

BRASÍLIA - DF - BRASIL

AUGUST 2006

3 e 4 - Pre-Match (RO and staff)

6 - Opening Ceremony

7 a 10 - Main Match

11 - Shootoff e Closing Ceremony

I hope to meet lots of BEnos' friends here.

Darn...Same weekend as Canadian Nationals... :( Oh well...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, :angry:

The IPSC asked for a new change in the Panamerican dates. Now the match will be in August, from 6th to 11 th. We complain about these changes but there is no another solution. :angry:

Anyway, I hope it doesn't change anymore. As soon as possible, I'll post the whole schedule for the match here.

Hope it helps.

Hi guys and gals, the following post is made on behalf of IPSC Secretary Vince Pinto, who was sent a link to this thread:

The comment from Vericio which blames IPSC for asking for a change of dates for the subject match is incorrect.

In December 2005, when I was asking the Regional Director of IPSC Brazil about the actual dates of the 2006 Pan-Am Championships, I advised him of two things: (1) that the USPSA had already announced the dates of their 2006 Nationals, and (2) that the date of the 2006 IPSC General Assembly is 4 September 2006, and I merely urged him to bear those dates in mind when deciding upon the dates of the Pan-Am, in order to avoid a clash, which would be detrimental to his match.

At no time did I, nor anyone else in the IPSC Administration, ask for (or require) any particular dates, which were decided by IPSC Brazil alone.

BTW, Vince also adviced to either email IPSC or post on the official IPSC forum questions and/or requests for clarifications which directly involve IPSC.

Edited by Skywalker

Just FYI, and meaning no offense to our Brazilian brothers, last I checked, there was a $100 "spite fee" on the visa for Gringos headed to Brazil.

DP40,

I mean no offense to you and all the US people, but that very same fee has been required to me last december when I booked for an interview at the US embassy in Milan (Italy) to get visa for my kid (6 years old) for our trip to Orlando.

In the end I got away with a new electronic passport for him, that made him fall into the visa waiver program.

You're right, but with the Brazilian visa I am referring to the stamp they put in that says (badly paraphrased) This visa is free, we charge Americans the $100 because they charge us.

Right now the US is running pretty strong background checks to get visas. My wife (then grilfriend) had to fly to La Paz, interview, show our letter of invitation, provide bank records, blah blah blah AND pay the $100 fee.

The Brazilian one came up as a personal thorn when their gov asked ours for LEO help and then still charged the $100 "Free Visa" fee to the LEO's they invited to come help them.

Their Prez don't like ours, so there's gonna be minor hassle. I don't take it personal, and when I go there to visit (hopefully to Italy too :) ) it will be one of the expenses I have to budget for. I don't blame you guys and I hope you don't blame us. It's governments, not individuals.