Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Weight Hammer Springs

eerw

My specific question is for CZs..but any experience with other production guns would be appreciated..

what weight hammer springs are you all using..are you cutting any coils off??

what is the lightest you have tried...

what primers are you using?? with the lighter hammer springs..how what factory ammo is working with the lighter hammer springs..

thanks

I don't have a CZ but since you asked about other Production guns.

In my 92 Vertec I replaced it with 1 from a 1911 based on a thread in the Beretta forum (17# I think) then ground the ends flat to better fit in the gun. Have not had a problem with Winchester WSP or white box.

Stuart,

I run Wolff 15# hammer springs in all 5 of my full size CZ's and even in my P-01 Compact and have never had a light strike yet (Knock on wood) I usually only run my reloads with Winchester Primers by the way. The only light strike I have had with a Wolff 15# is in my CZ97. I switched to a 16 and haven't had a problem since. I have handled a few of Angus's guns for specific customers who requested cutting and the triggers were sweet but would usally only run 100% with Federal primers.

Stuart,

I run Wolff 15# hammer springs in all 5 of my full size CZ's and even in my P-01 Compact and have never had a light strike yet (Knock on wood) I usually only run my reloads with Winchester Primers by the way. The only light strike I have had with a Wolff 15# is in my CZ97. I switched to a 16 and haven't had a problem since. I have handled a few of Angus's guns for specific customers who requested cutting and the triggers were sweet but would usally only run 100% with Federal primers.

Hi Anthony..

thanks for the info...

OK..I got bored tonight..so I did some experimenting with my SP01s..one is stock..the other has had some action work done to it.

I loaded some brass with Fed SP, Win SP and Win SR primers..

I got a 15# hammer spring, a 15# clipped three coils, a 16# clipped 2 coils and a 16#.

I fired three DA, and three SA.

16# fired all three SA and all three DA

16# clipped, fired all three SA, fired the Fed SP and the WIN SP, but did not fire the Win SR from DA

15# fired all three SA and all three DA

15# clipped, fired all three SA, fired the Fed SP and the WIN SP, but did not fire the Win SR from DA

so I think I will go with the 15# and try it at the range with a some reloads and some factory ammo..

Edited by eerw