Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unica magazine release

Polymer

It extends more rearward and is higher/more out from the grip. Too much out, even, at least for me. When I had it I sometimes ejected the magazine unintentionally by gripping hard.

I have a custom made extended mag release now that is not as big and it works without such mishaps. 

I wish they made it so it only extended rearward without being higher. Also a little smaller would be good. 

5 minutes ago, mrd said:

It extends more rearward and is higher/more out from the grip. Too much out, even, at least for me. When I had it I sometimes ejected the magazine unintentionally by gripping hard.

I have a custom made extended mag release now that is not as big and it works without such mishaps. 

I wish they made it so it only extended rearward without being higher. Also a little smaller would be good. 

Can I buy a custom made one that you mentioned?

I have the same issues with the unica release.  Loaded table start needs to be extremely careful as a gentle touch will eject the mag because the whole thing is laying on the mag release. Also, weak hand gripping slightly higher than usual will push on the release and eject the mag too. 

6 hours ago, Dazhi said:

Can I buy a custom made one that you mentioned?

I have the same issues with the unica release.  Loaded table start needs to be extremely careful as a gentle touch will eject the mag because the whole thing is laying on the mag release. Also, weak hand gripping slightly higher than usual will push on the release and eject the mag too. 

Sorry, it is one of a kind, a friend helped me make it as a favor. He milled the top off an original mag release and welded an oversized piece of metal on it. I cut it to my liking myself with a dremel, kept grinding it down until I didn't get accidental ejections anymore while I could still reach the mag release without shifting my grip. You can see in the pic how it turned out. (I know, I should have it ceracoted flat black to match.) Even if I could have one more made, I could not ship it. I'm in Europe and shipping weapon parts to or from the US is a barrel full of red tape.

I'm normally having the opposite problem, wanting custom parts from the US, such as the Overwatch Precision trigger for the PPQ, but being unable to get them here.

I can advise using a stiff magazine release spring helps some with the Unica.

Stock 2 for Limited.jpg