Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot My 625 Today!

Nemo

Early last year I gave a try to shooting my revolver. I was just getting started with reloading, still didn't frequent the forums for info and basically didn't know anybody that liked shooting a wheelie. That initital try was a disaster. The cylinder kept binding and those clicks when the rounds didn't go bang could be heard miles away. Frustrating!! :angry:

After a long time gathering info here on the forums on how to do the revo game correctly, I finally went out today with that same gun of that initial outing. I bought a 550 only to load my 45's and it is setup to put together a 230gr Precision molly coated Bullets over 4.2 gr of Hogdon Clays at an OAL of 1.245" using FEDERAL PRIMERS. This load is a result of info from XRE, Spook, Prof. Sweeney, and Dan Carden among others.

For today's match my rig was sporting the CR holster that Airedale traded me and Carmoney told me how to make it fit my wheelgun (thanx for the pics Mike!).

Since I don't know anything about them, some weeks ago Sam "Hopalong" Keen offered to take a look a my revolver. I shipped the gun to Hop and after a week I had it back. He setup the trigger according to the spring kit instructions and chamfered the chambers(?). More than that Sam gave me a lot of pointers and advise on how to get into teh game.

Results to all this: :DSWEET!! :D

Today the gun worked 100%! No dragging, no clicks! My ammo accurate enough for the intended purpose. I finished the St. Augustine match at 96% of Grover, the current Florida State revolver champion. All in all, a VERY POSITIVE experience!! :)

Just wanted to thank all of you very much, especially "MI AMIGO" Sam Keen, for helping me make this happen! "¡GRACIAS!"

Now if I could just get Cliff to school me some... ;)