Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will the 1050 Casefeeder Work on a 750?

On 6/7/2020 at 11:39 AM, George16 said:

You need the conversion kit for the caliber so the casefeeder will work with the 750. 

what caliber are you planning to load in the 750?

9mm, so you’re right I’d need the small pistol case feeder plate.

Edited by Jetskidawg

case feeder is same you will need small pistol plate. you dont change the whole case feeder.

I only have the small plate and load both 40 and 9 using it. 

its a $40.00 part

Edited by AHI

Had some time so I looked   

caliber conversion kit          $132.99

quick change kit                   $285.99

small pistol plate                  $  39.99

9mm die set                           $ 75.99

total                                         $534.96                  all prices are from Dillon  You could get a less or more expensive Die set.

XL 750        $649.99

you will still need dies etc .

change over from 9 to 40 on a 1050   30ish min. 

Thanks for this, AHI, you addressed an item I didn’t have a good feel for, and that was the time for the cal change on a 1050.  You and the other responders to my post have helped me decide which way to go.  Much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

So I went the caliber conversion route and am happy with the choice.  One other thing I hadn’t considered was choosing to buy the 750 was choosing NOT to have swaging capability for that caliber and that was a deal-breaker for me.  Caliber change takes time, but it’s not bad.  Really liking the 1050!

14 hours ago, Jetskidawg said:

So I went the caliber conversion route and am happy with the choice.  One other thing I hadn’t considered was choosing to buy the 750 was choosing NOT to have swaging capability for that caliber and that was a deal-breaker for me.  Caliber change takes time, but it’s not bad.  Really liking the 1050!

I process 9mm on a 1050 set up for 40sw: same M case feed shuttle, small case feed plate, W shell plate, and #2 locator buttons except for the first button.  I don't swage while processing and I haven't tried loading 9mm in this setup, but it might save you some caliber conversion time if you're adventurous.

3 hours ago, belus said:

I process 9mm on a 1050 set up for 40sw: same M case feed shuttle, small case feed plate, W shell plate, and #2 locator buttons except for the first button.  I don't swage while processing and I haven't tried loading 9mm in this setup, but it might save you some caliber conversion time if you're adventurous.

Didn’t realize you can use the same M case feed shuttle for 9mm and 40sw.

I just recently received my 1100 and had been using it to process 9 and .223. I use the same S casefeed shuttle, number 5 shellplte and #3 locator pins.

10 hours ago, belus said:

Interesting time saver.  I’m still pretty new to the 1050 so maybe not so adventurous yet.

• 4 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 6:49 AM, belus said:

When you process on your 1050, what stations do you make changes to?  I’m guessing you disable the powder thrower, but do you do anything with the primer feed or crimp stations?  And do you leave the rest?  Or do you set up a separate toolhead?

4 hours ago, Jetskidawg said:

And is it worth getting a universal decapper?

I highly recommend FW Arms Primer Popper Auto-Case centering Decapper/Deprimer. I have the original auto centering decapper but this new one is better according to people who has use it. It’s out of stock now but will be available next week.

https://fwarms.com/shop/reloading/pre-order-fw-arms-primer-popper-auto-case-centering-decapper-deprimer/

8 hours ago, George16 said:

I highly recommend FW Arms Primer Popper Auto-Case centering Decapper/Deprimer. I have the original auto centering decapper but this new one is better according to people who has use it. It’s out of stock now but will be available next week.

https://fwarms.com/shop/reloading/pre-order-fw-arms-primer-popper-auto-case-centering-decapper-deprimer/

Thanks for the tip!

On 12/12/2020 at 9:04 AM, Jetskidawg said:

When you process on your 1050, what stations do you make changes to?  I’m guessing you disable the powder thrower, but do you do anything with the primer feed or crimp stations?  And do you leave the rest?  Or do you set up a separate toolhead?

Its actually on a whole dedicated press without a primer system. I like being able to dump either 40 or 9mm in the casefeeder and process without changing anything, though you can't process a mixed batch of 9 and 40 this way. And I say process, but it might be better described as expensive automatic decapper.

The toolhead has four dies on it:
Dillon universal decapping die

Lee universal decapping die, with FFB RCBS pin conversion

Dillon 40sw sizing die

Lee 40sw U-die

9mm sizing and swaging are done while loading. It goes much more smoothly when I know all the brass is primer free. I load 40sw on a 650 or 550 and it takes no effort with the brass already resized.

8 hours ago, belus said:

Its actually on a whole dedicated press without a primer system. I like being able to dump either 40 or 9mm in the casefeeder and process without changing anything, though you can't process a mixed batch of 9 and 40 this way. And I say process, but it might be better described as expensive automatic decapper.

The toolhead has four dies on it:
Dillon universal decapping die

Lee universal decapping die, with FFB RCBS pin conversion

Dillon 40sw sizing die

Lee 40sw U-die

9mm sizing and swaging are done while loading. It goes much more smoothly when I know all the brass is primer free. I load 40sw on a 650 or 550 and it takes no effort with the brass already resized.

Wow, what a nice setup!