Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Mag holders?

There are a lot of mag holders on the market. I like the Safariland 771. If you decide on Safariland, our host will be happy to sell them you.

I do not think you would be unhappy with the Safariland choice. I use the 771 for my double stack and my Singlestack. They are as fast as any and I have never had a mag fall out while running.

I have a bunch of the 771s, the open model, and one 773, the closed model. For some reason, the 773 often causes the top round in the mag to pop out when I insert the mag. It seems a little more secure than the 771.

On speed shoots and standards, you can place the grooves of an STI magazine within the open lips of the 771 for a lower-effort reload.

I like and use the 771s, mainly because I always have. I've tried the 773, but as Erik said, sometimes the bullet will pop out if it bumps the front of the holder on the way in. This doesn't happen on the 771 (because of the open front). Also, it seems as if the actual mag releases a little "smoother" on the 771; the mag seems to "pop" out more on the 773. I think that's why Erik said the 773 seems more secure. Which I've noticed as well.

be