Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kel-Tec Sub2000 - Just for fun stuff to get

Haven't found a thread like this here - apologies if it's already here somewhere - but many of us talk about the higher end PCCs and some mention the Sub2000 as an inexpensive alternative in passing. I have my higher end PCC but also picked up the Sub2K just for fun. I suspect some others here may have, as well, or for a truck/backpack gun, etc.

So what have users found were useful to know? Modifications and accessories? Ammo and case, etc.? 

Hope to find some good info here to trade. Personally, I'm looking to pick up a few little accessories from M*Carbo because I can't leave stuff alone. Latch, bolt tube cover, charging handle, etc.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I had 2x gen 1's  in .40 (sold off 1x off to a friend)  and they both ran fine with reloads and some hot LE ammo I have laying around. I picked up a gen 2 in 9mm and it also have been running great with lead reloads and hot JHP ammo.  I really like them, lots of fun to shoot. The only thing is being a big dude I have a hard time getting down on the sights. On the gen 2 I put on one of those Midwest Industries scope mounts so I could mount a red dot. It seems high on the gun but it turns out it is perfect for me and works well.  

Sub2Kfoldedweb.jpg

Sub2Kopenweb.jpg

I have a gen 2 in 9mm and I really like it.

IMO getting rid of the craptastic plastic trigger and replacing with an MCarbo aluminum trigger is a must.  I tell people to do it before they even try the stock on...it's that bad.

While you haev the gun ope to replace the trigger you should go ahead and do the MCarbo spring kit as well.  Stock setup is fine, but MCarbo is better.

The iron sights leave something to be desired, so most people use a simple red dot of some kind.  I have mine on a quick detach mount so I just take it off and put it on the bottom rail when I want to fold it.

I prefer 124gr ammo for my pistols so that what I use for the Sub 2k, but honestly it's cycled everything I've put into it with zero issues.

There are tons of backpacks lying around the house from when the kids were in school, so I re-purpose one of those as my range/storage bag.

Very fun gun to shoot and my go-to when there are practice Steel Challenge and Knockdown matches at out indoor range.

I always wanted to love the sub2k's. They're innovative, take glock mags, and are just "cool". But I've shot five or six of them and... meh. I just can't bring myself to really like them. They're a buggar to charge (which is fine for me, but not so great for my 11 year old kid), the grips are short, and the triggers are blah. I'm hoping there's a gen 3 that takes care of lots of those bugs.

But after seeing it used on “Travelers” as a futuristic high-tech sniper rifle, I had to have one. Also, I just wanted one and it was on sale so I just consider it a range toy and a fun intro to  long guns besides a 10/22.  The trick for me will be not buying so many accessories that it’s no longer inexpensive. 

• 2 weeks later...