Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry fire and the trigger on the second shot.

Suer

You just act as if you were pulling the trigger as usual. That's the way I have done it, sometimes I don't even cock the trigger for the first 'shot', depending on what I'm practicing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 9:13 AM, ecolyer325 said:

You just act as if you were pulling the trigger as usual.

This.

With DA/SA, you draw with a DA pull. Then release the trigger to the single action travel length and work it back and for each sucessive shot

• 1 year later...

Micheal has it right - inertial triggers. They basically flip a little switch in the mechanism that blocks the second sear from disengaging (firing) the gun. The reason for this is to prevent doubles’ where both barrels are fired at once. Most contemporary OU (over unders) are this way.

However, there are die hards (like me) that prefer mechanical triggers. Why? If you first barrel fails to fire, you can still fire the second one, which is unavailable if you have an inertial trigger. At least you get one of the two targets;-) get-vidmate.com instagram saver

Edited by sirmavid

• 1 year later...

Just fake it. Once your trigger goes dead, depending on the type of gun your using, continue to remove your finger from the trigger like you are letting it reset. Then press on the already dead trigger to simulate pulling the trigger. 

• 5 months later...

Like everyone said you fake the second pull to exactly what it would be live. However I had some trouble practicing trigger prep with a dead trigger. It was close but not quite, until I just recently discovered this - it works for 1911 style guns but not sure about others. If your hammer is all the way back, basically touching your beavertail, past the point where it rests in condition zero, then the trigger actually has a slight bump where the wall would normally be. So if im practicing trigger prepping, I will tape my hammer all the way back as far as it goes, and you will feel a slight bump in the exact location your trigger rests. It's slight, but its better than nothing.